West Port, Malaysia
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Kelang Multi Terminal Sdn Bhd) is a multi-cargo port located on Pulau Indah, Port Klang, Malaysia which is accessible by road via Pulau Indah Expressway, connecting to the KESAS Highway. On 1 October 2013, Pulau Indah was directly connected to the Malaysian Administrative Capital, Putrajaya via the South Klang Valley Expressway.
Westports is a multi-cargo port which handles all types of cargoes in containers, break bulk, dry bulk, liquid bulk, vehicles (roll-on roll-off) and other conventional cargoes. Located along the straits of Malacca, Westports (collectively with Northport as Port Klang) has become the 18th busiest seaport in the world.
Starting out as Kelang Multi Terminal Sdn Bhd in 1994, renamed as Westport Sdn Bhd since 1997 and now known as Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd, the seaport terminal have played a leading role in Malaysia's efforts to provide storage, bunkering, cargo/freight handling and other port related facilities which add to Malaysia's importance as a link in the global maritime trade.
Located on the island of Pulau Indah (formerly Pulau Lumut), Westports have transformed the island's natural swamplands and sands into a multi-cargo seaport terminal. With the current quay length of 3.2 kilometers, which includes 5 container terminals, Westports are able to handle up to 7.5 million TEUs yearly, with the potential to expand to a further 4 container terminals which would give a total capacity of 15 million TEUs.
Ruben Gnanalingam is the company's CEO.
Container operations is the core business of Westports.
- Berth length 11 berths (16 meter depth)| 3200 meters
- Terminal capacity 280 acres (110 hectares) out of total built up area of 1,350 acres (550 hectares) | 7.2 million TEU capacity per year
- CT 1 - 40 acres (16 hectares)
- CT 2 - 60 acres (24 hectares)
- CT 3 - 60 acres (24 hectares)
- CT 4 - 60 acres (24 hectares)
- CT 5 - 60 acres (24 hectares)
- 45 Quay Cranes (QC)
- 115 Rubber Tyred Gantrys (RTG)
- 273 Prime Movers (PM)
- 25 Reach Stackers
- 1,236 Refrigerated Points (Reefers)
- 25,036 Total Ground Slots
July Asia HRD Congress Award