|Born||4 September 1973|
Wetle Holte (born 4 September 1973) is a Norwegian drummer and composer known from cooperations with musicians such as Silje Neergård, Kirsti Huke, Eivind Aarset, Wibutee, Bugge Wesseltoft and Anja Garbarek among others.
Holte was born in Skien, and is a graduate from the Jazz programme at Trondheim Musikkonservatorium, where he started his career in the jazz trio Triangle in (1996), later to become Wibutee (1998), founded by Håkon Kornstad and Per Zanussi in addition to Holte. They released their debut album Newborn Thing (1998), and followed by Eight Domestic Challenges (2001), "Playmachine" (2004) and the Spellemannprisen nominated album Sweet Mental (2006). He has also cooperated more than a decade with Eivind Aarset in projects like Électronique Noire and The Sonic Codex Orchestra, and Bugge Wesseltoft's Jazzland Community (2007)
- Within Wibutee
- 1998: Newborn Thing (Jazzland)
- 2001: Eight Domestic Challenges (Jazzland)
- 2004: Playmachine (Jazzland)
- 2006: Sweet Mental (Sonne Disk)
- With Eivind Aarset
- 2001: Light Extracts (Jazzland), within Électronique Noire
- 2004: Connected (Jazzland)
- 2007: Sonic Codex (Jazzland)
- 2010: Live Extracts (Jazzland), within The Sonic Codex Orchestra
- Within Jazzland Community
- 2007: Jazzland Community (Jazzland)
- Within Grand Telemark
- 2008: Grand Telemark (Sonne Disk)
- "Well-known graduates". NTNU.edu. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Colin Buttimer. "Wibutee Playmachine Review". BBC.co.uk.
- Kelman, John (25 July 2007). "Jazzland Community: Jazzland Community (2007) – Review". All About Jazz. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Helgheim, Roald (1 December 2012). "Orkandebut frå Wetle Holte" (in Norwegian). Dagsavisen. Retrieved 31 October 2013.