When Four Do the Same
|When Four Do the Same|
|Directed by||Ernst Lubitsch|
|Produced by||Paul Davidson|
|Written by||Erich Schönfelder
|16 November 1917|
When Four Do the Same (German: Wenn vier Dasselbe tun) is a 1917 German silent comedy drama film directed by Ernst Lubitsch and starring Ossi Oswalda, Emil Jannings and Margarete Kupfer. Lubitsch himself plays a book shop employee who falls in love with Jannings' daughter. The film was a key transitional work in Lubitsch's career, as he began to produce films with greater depth than his early light comedies.
- Emil Jannings as Segetoff
- Ossi Oswalda as Segetoffs Tochter
- Margarete Kupfer as Frau Lange, Buchhändlerin
- Fritz Schulz as Tobias Schmalzstich, Lehrling
- Victor Janson as Tanzlehrer
- Ernst Lubitsch
- Eyman p.378
- Eyman p.50-51
- vier dasselbe tun.html "Wenn vier dasselbe tun (1917)". cinegraph.de. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- Eyman, Scott. Ernst Lubitsch: Laughter in Paradise. Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000.
|This article related to a German film of the 1910s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1910s comedy film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|