Wikipedia:Bay Area WikiSalon May 2019
|Bay Area WikiSalon series|
|date||Wednesday, May 1, 2019|
|time||6 to 8:30 p.m.|
|venue||Wikimedia Foundation's Chip Deubner Lounge: 120 Kearny Street., San Francisco, California 94108|
|directions & parking||Google Map view near Montgomery BART/Muni station (Post St. Exit), bike parking on the street, limited auto parking|
|sponsor||WMF Rapid Grant|
|edit summary hashtag||#bawikisalon|
Mark your calendars! The May 2019 Bay Area WikiSalon will take place on Wednesday May 1 at 1800 hours / 6:00 p.m. at the Wikimedia Foundation's Headquarters. The theme will be Talk pages and communication, inspired in part by the 2019 Talk Page Consultation.
- Doors open: 6:00 p.m.
- Meet, greet, mingle and munch: 6:00–6:20 p.m. (okay to munch and edit throughout the event!)
- General announcements: 6:20–6:25 p.m.
- Announcements from the floor: 6:25–6:30 p.m.
- 3-minute lightning talks: 6:30–6:40 p.m. (please advise the facilitators if you wish to do one)
- - Mobile Editing by Stussll aka PPelberg (WMF)
- - Wikiclaim: updates by Devin
- - Local content opportunity by Tom Kubik
- - Discourse & Matrix by Tgr - 
- Presentation: 6:40–7:05 (approximate)
- Time to mingle, munch, and edit Wikipedia/Wikimedia together or by ourselves!: 7:05 p.m. to close
- If you want some help with issues you are facing, this is an excellent opportunity to get some help from other editors! Otherwise, it is also a nice opportunity to meet some fellow Wikimedians.
- Adjourn: 8:30 p.m.
- Cleanup: We can always use help with recycling/composting/trashing the leftovers and putting up the dirty dishes/stools/etc.
Add to calendar