October 4, 2013
GLAMout is the first Friday of every month.
- Time: 12pm-1pm Pacific Time (3pm-4pm ET | 19-20h UTC)
- Coordinator: Merrilee Proffitt.
- On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/glamwiki?v=mk28YDwB9rA&feature=share
- Visual editor launch - early impressions and feedback, implications for GLAMwiki (I can comment on this - Sara)
- WikiProject Smithsonian activities & volunteer program - seeking a way to bridge the gap between one-day Editathons and long-term WIR commitments, celebrating WLL 2013 w/ Oct. 25 Meetup at Smithsonian Libraries, shutdown dependent (Sara)
- Update on Metropolitan New York Library Council, would also like to discuss the relationship between Wikimedia Chapters and local WiRs generally. Also call for L.A. GLAM contacts for California African American Museum and L.A. as Subject.OR drohowa (talk) 16:16, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
- Update on Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia, PA: return of Mary Mark Ockerbloom as Wikipedian in Residence, Recent Workshop and Edit-a-thon at THATCampPhilly, Plans for a monthly GLAM Cafe for people interested in GLAM, Digital Humanities, and Wikipedia.
- Apologies, couldn't join, possibly some sort of firewall at work.
- Updates on Dominic's return to NARA (after one week). Dominic·t 18:54, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
Those submitting agenda items will be able to join in the discussion. Google Hangouts On Air allows for ten participants.
- Dorothy Howard WiR at Metropolitan New York Library Council
- Dominic·t 21:33, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- Sarasays (talk) 15:01, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
- Mary Mark Ockerbloom (talk) 18:40, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
- Fuzheado | Talk 18:57, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
Anyone can view the GLAMout (Google Hangout) live and participate in the discussion via chat on the #glamwiki hashtag. Please sign up below to be reminded at its start time.