Wikipedia:Meetup/San Diego/November 2017
Everyone is cordially invited to attend a tour of a historic railroad building, which currently does not have an article. This should be the 25th Wikipedia meetup in San Diego County; we will be joined for this event by a group of Bronies, some of whom are railroad enthusiasts.
Wikipedia is one of the leading resources of knowledge for anyone who has access to the internet. Make an impact by helping contribute to the free encyclopedia which anyone can edit, by adding new content, including free images and hopefully a new article for the National City Depot.
- Date: November 12, 2017
- Start time: 10:00AM PST / 1000
- End Time: 11:00AM PST / 1100
- Location: The National City Depot
The National City Depot is located in western National City, California and is off of Interstate 5. Exit on Mile of Cars Way; Bay Marina Drive exit, and turn West. Make a right onto Cleveland Avenue, and then a left onto W 23rd Street; the road will end at the depot. Free Parking is available.
Additionally public transit is available from the 24th Street station (San Diego Trolley) where several bus routes stop as well as the Blue Line (San Diego Trolley). It is under a mile walk to the depot.
The goal of this event are:
- Utilize photography to contribute new files to Wikimedia Commons to potentially be utilized to in articles related to those photographs in Wikipedia.
- Gather information during the tour in order to potentially create a new article (Draft:National City Depot) for the historic building.
- Update attendees on the current status of the user group application
9:50AM / 0950 - 10:00AM / 1000: Initial gathering.
10:00AM / 1000 - 11:00 AM / 1100: Tour National City Depot
Those interested in attending, who please include your name in the category that best fits:
Articles which we have contributed to
For those who are seeking exercise, afterwards join the bronies as they hike to the Imperial Beach Pier in Imperial Beach, California, mostly along the route of the Coronado Belt Line. More information can be found at this link.