Wikipedia:Meetup/Melbourne/WikiD Writing Workshop September 2015
wikiD: Women, Wikipedia Design – Melbourne writing workshop
Please join us in Melbourne and help write more women in the built environment into Wikipedia as part of wikiD: Women, Wikipedia, design.
When 11.30am–4pm, Sunday, September 13, 2015
Where Room F2.22, MADA, Monash University, Caulfield Campus
Please come to the main entry to of Building G (the DCM building) and we will let you in.
The schedule for the day is as follows.
- Arrive – Please come to the main entry between 11.30 and 12. If you can't make it til later there will be a number on the door to text us so we can come and let you in.
- Presentation – At midday we'll have a short ‘how to’ intro on writing and editing Wikipedia entries.
- Lunch – We’ll provide a light lunch after the intro.
- Start writing – Stay for as long as suits and start writing/editing in good company and with help at hand.
Who We welcome anyone interested in writing more women in the built environment into Wikipedia. No Wikipedia editing experience is necessary. We will start with an overview of writing and editing Wikipedia article. We will also provide assistance throughout the event for Wikipedia newcomers. Experienced Wikipedians are also very welcome – we need as much help as you can offer!
RSVP Please RSVP here so we have some idea of numbers.
Please do a couple of things before coming along:
- Please sign up to get a Wikipedia user name BEFORE the event.
- Think about who you want to write about – if possible collect some material. See here for topic suggestions and references.
- Take a look at the new WikiD Guides for Wikipedia Editing if you have time.
What to bring: Please bring your own laptops and power cords. Please also make a Wikipedia username ahead of time if possible.
Hashtag: Remember to add the following hashtags in your edit summary so we can track our progress.
More material relating to the Melbourne events is available on the Parlour wikiD section.
Sign up here to allow us to learn more about how you use Wikipedia during and after this event, so that we can work towards improving it. By signing up, you agree to let us use this information for these purposes. Learn more here.
Register as a participant in the #wikiD writing workshop
Please register your username (signatures are created by saving four tildes [~] in a row). If you haven't edited Wikipedia before, create an account and username here. (If you have trouble adding your name below we will help you do it at the event.)
- Smdgejc (talk) 12:04, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- Pru.mitchell (talk) 12:55, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- Alysiab (talk) 04:23, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
- Michael Billington (talk) 12:32, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
- Psalen27 (talk) 01:47, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- Cathyharvey (talk) 01:54, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- VirginiaJ M (talk) 02:03, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- Camtierney (talk) 02:09, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- Yiruuui (talk) 02:12, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- Charityedwards (talk) 03:38, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- Kdola (talk) 03:41, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- nano1960 (talk), 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- DebWynns (talk)), 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- LeilaAllbrook (talk)), 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- Taniadavidge (talk)), 13 September 2015 (UTC)
If you cannot make it to the wikiD workshop in person, please consider participating remotely. Sign up below, and please add any outcomes. (signatures are created by saving four tildes [~] in a row). If you haven't edited Wikipedia before, create an account and username here.