|Welcome to the Wikipedia Humanities Reference Desk Archives
|The page you are currently viewing is a monthly archive index. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 1
- Dan Rather
- Foreign educated lawyers and the Hawaii Bar Exam
- Shakespeare- out, out
- Collaboration in the UK. Late 90's
- Red Collar Crime
- usic Question
- Propaganda In The Cold War
- epeated question
- Who is the first recorded human by name?
- eibniz Theodicy - objection III
- Shakespeare quote
- Sections of a page
- fernand pelez 1843-1913
- countries the US has helped
- Constitutional law and constitutional theories
- The lady's not for turning
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 2
- Religious emblems
- Averting Nuclear War
- Titles and Duties of crew members on a ship
- Canada in WWIII
- The Seven Worlds
- Falkland Islands
- Lebanon and March 8
- Workers owning their factory
- Proof for God's inexistence
- american law
- irection to story?
- Only $19.99!
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 3
- Wa-wa-wa sound effect
- Cara Black
- Spiro Agnew Science Fiction
- Saladin and Europe
- arriage Question
- can queenEII be sued under the law of Tort in a matter in which she personally had direct involvment
- Online Translations
- Thomas Kuhn/History of Scientific Development
- Music from Bedazzled
- Were wheels known in ancient Egypt?
- Life in Japan immediately following Japanese Surrender (under American Occupation)
- How goes the battle?
- Iliad translation
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 4
- British American football teams
- Crime and Punishment Translations
- End of WWI Trenches
- Longest and Shortest Wars
- Colors associated with Christmas
- What is the term?
- Use of a Dremel on a gemstone.
- Cost of food in Sierra Leone?
- SWORDS and metals : what swords were made of
- Criminal Law: Bail/Suicide
- MiddleAge-swords : various questions
- Wheat Berry substitute
- Dutch employment law
- Name of the List of "Best Universities
- Right to a telephone call on arrest
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 5
- East Indians and Caucasians
- old photographs
- What does Catholicism say about certain types of sexual deviance/behaviour?
- Musical Modes
- Inclusion into the list of developed countries
- Musical modes and The Beatles
- Registers of the saxophone
- Progression of Ideals
- Origin of no meat Catholic days
- Duck Test
- An ancient Jewish sect.
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 6
- CS Lewis- ethics and philosophy
- Interview as Stalin
- story of a giraffe with shrunken neck
- Marx and the individual
- Marking students for artistic ability in other subjects?
- hat was the name in the Beslan school hostage event in Russia?
- us/soviet casualties during post wwii occupation
- Sunni vs. Shi'a
- Shipping Corporation of India
- fernando emmanuel pelez de cordova posters of saltimbanque
- 28 Billon Dollars Net Worth
- Trafalgar Square, London
- Mount Rushmore update
- 'North by Northwest
- Propaganda In The Cold War
- Silly Organisations Locating Themselves In London
- Riverboat gambling
- The UK Times newspaper
- How are political borders defined
- Twelve Olympians
- Omni curious
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 7
- Which Songs Are These?
- xtended Quotes from Iraqis about war
- Is there any other christian country that still have murder sentence except USA?
- Christians and the Old Testament
- Foreigners in the American Revolutionary War
- ative Americans in Congress
- Anglo-Dutch Wars?
- The only place I can be free on earth
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 8
- Renaissance euphemisms for the phallus
- How do you taxi a B-17 backwards?
- ody Matherson
- nternational Trade
- Song info
- Dominatrix - how to?
- US residency after 5 years
- iron man
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 9
- 2006 Mississippi Senate Race
- Religious Rights For women
- Jewish Marriage
- complete details about Girish Karnad, Mr.Rohinton Mistry , MrVijay Tendulkar and Mr.Vikram Seth
- Unknown Novel
- Negative Criticism of Jane Austen
- Bach and Whiter Shade of Pale
- Milk and poultry
- Atomic bomb
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 10
- Food/Clothing for Mexican/Inuit children
- The reason behind Islam's rapid spread?
- Incentives for accepting refugees
- 1950s - 60s movie name spoken in the movie caused an audience reaction, what was the reaction, cheer?
- Does Hong Kong contribute only financially in the Asia-Pacific Region?
- newspaper delivery costs in the USA
- Belfry of Mons, Belgium
- Can anybody "translate" the 20/20 section for people who are married 20 yrs, 20 yrs of service are comleted, 3 years of marriage was active duty and the rest while retired
- US Supreme Court cases and constitutional theories
- "Falklands War" v "Falklands Conflict"
- US Military Expenditures
- Elected communists/Marxist leaders in democratic governments
- APUS HELP
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 11
- Pinochet and the Devil
- sc laws on probation violation
- experimental constitutional provisions
- State allegiances in the civil war
- judical review in the federalist number 78
- uciano De Crescenzo
- Western democracy
- Immigration Policy in North America (specifically Canada)
- Fancy wording
- Poke center?
- American History
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 12
- what did elisabeth kinsolving write?
- Name of fiction book with a quantum twists
- UN Charter regarding military action at the time of the Korean War
- Percentage of a TV series
- Original Grant of Land from John Ingram dated 1416 A.D.
- Public conversation
- our more years!
- Where was Morgoth during the Third Age?
- Boney went to Elbow
- horsemen and marshall on Parthenon
- Comba Tai in America
- rab immigration to Palestine in the 20th century
- Law: my band releasing songs to public domain
- Is the killing of foriegn sitizens in a foreign country against their will an act of war?
- Culture: What do Poor Canadians Eat?
- Adam and Eve - Who misguided who?
- ww1 poet ..in the ****ing firth of forth
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 13
- Acronym for significant other + roommate
- Jesus being prejudice
- what is the oldest form of the handfasting ritual?
- Agatha Christie
- Persian inscription
- Political Activist Organisation
- Christmas in Islam
- Why didn't Austria join NATO?
- Federalists vs. Democratic-Republicans
- The bible and history
- Who is charles switzerland?
- Antique furniture Gainsborough chairs
- quote in front of book
- Ancient people
- Identify Piano Music
- Salem witch trials
- Real Estate LAW
- Bible inventions
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 14
- Japanese Nukes
- rticles of Confederation
- step parents
- fforts of congress to secure fundamental rights
- history american
- history 202
- Films featuring the British Royal House of Stuart
- Sleigh ride
- archetypes in world religions
- Reliable source for used book prices?
- Rebuilding of cities
- Who killed Laura Palmer? (Twin Peaks spoilers)
- no shows
- numbers in orchestration
- raq / Vietnam US deaths
- Anorexia nervorsa patience's relation to her mother
- hose son was shot?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 15
- Pantheon building maintenance ?
- PS3 odds
- A society ruled by smart people?
- News montage
- irst time I added content
- Why does Vesper *** in Casino Royale the film?
- Fines in Football
- Blue things in Tangier
- British drama trivia
- hat was the name of General Charles Gordon's batman at Khartoum?
- Real-life consequences of new Quebec status
- Justice system of gold rush mining towns.
- Race car accident where the driver's brother was killed by a racetrack ambulance?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 16
- German philosopher quotation
- hy is there no page about Juggy Gales from the Brill Building era?
- Nick Cave/Wings of Desire
- What are "Santa Fe pants"?
- Title of the Book
- Nobel Prize Laureate....(Women)
- Holocaust guilt
- An Iowa event
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 17
- Survivor (TV series) theme song
- Who invented the hand pump for basketballs?
- achel from Another World
- Jamaican Government
- Frilly, Late '60s, British Psychedelic Rock Garb
- What are Parish records? Rugbyball 11:26, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
- nformation on the life of Sculpture P H Mourey 1840 - 1910
- capital punishment court cases
- Article III District Courts of the United States
- What Time Should Kids Open Presents?
- the Gospel of Mary Magdalene
- Action To Take To Avert Cake-spill Catastophe?
- Anderson Snow who was he?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 18
- Who recorded the song "Kiss My Irish Ass"?
- Islamic law against depiction of the human form
- trying to find info on my father, dale hodson, who served in vietnam
- extra-territorial organizations
- Few details regarding 'Metro' - the free daily newspaper
- Eucharist: How do Catholics receive on the tongue?
- Question about citing a person's ethnic identity on Wiki
- The film "Barfly"
- Where did "18" as the age of adulthood come from?
- Kashmir's Boundaries
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 20
- olish-Soviet War 1939
- hat fallacy is this?
- ARGENTINA OPINION ON NORTH KOREA
- Staten Island
- Tenor clarinet?
- Re. "Goodbye, Mr. Chips"
- Film identification
- ussian philosophers
- ro-Chinese American Communist Party 2006?
- Which Azumanga Episode Am I Thinking Of?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 21
- hich ghost movie
- hristian Research Institute and WP:RS?
- Schellenberg's use of Nostradamus in invasion of France 1940
- Greek Myth? Maybe.
- Which Jackie Chan movie?
- Song artist
- Irak oil industry before and after 2003
- name for a specific ethnic group
- Tangier Ville Rail Station
- My hand hurts!?!
- FA Premier League
- diagrams or maps of egyptian pyramids (inside showing chamber locations)
- Checking surname for Sept or Clan affiliation
- Rock the Casbah
- Leeds Castle
- Items found in public places
- The Experience Machine
- Anti-kosher foods
- Questions about Palestinian elections system
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 22
- People of Waterloo?
- Crowd conundrum
- Eurasian Pole of Inaccessibility
- "Irrepressible Sister Miriam" by Wilfrido Ma. Guerrero
- Looking for a dance
- equest for information on painter known as J. Lettwil
- Customs laws in Australia
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 23
- 02 Governor's race in Wisconsin
- sex education
- Asian or Aboriginal?
- How to get projects from company/ or making clients?
- The Riddle Song (Traditional)
- Name this book
- Why does the world seem to hate Saddam Hussein?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 24
- Ande Ande Lumutan
- Initial Public Offering
- CEO Salaries & Bonuses
- Cultural Assessment
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 25
- New Testament
- Changing date from BC to AD
- Appius Claudius Caecus
- Scipio Cornelius Africanus - defeated Hannibal
- novel about black boy written before 1960
- Appius Claudius Caecus ("the blind"; c. 340 BC-273 BC) relationship to Philip II
- Free Trade of Human Organs
- Francesco Petrarch - De Viris Illustribus
- Pope Vigulus and Oregans.
- what was used as winter-clothes in the old days ?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 26
- Sunken Ship
- use of pictures on the wikipedia-reference page ?
- Why do Westerners use green color for positive and red color for negative in stock market?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 27
- US influence on UK entry into the Eurozone
- Style of future husbands of Princesses of York
- Abstention from pre-marital sex
- Balaam's ass
- Jerome: De Viris Illustribus (On Illustrious Men)
- help me with the months ?
- A Problem With Statistics
- buenos aires argentina police
- Is there a concise, fact-based web site that provides summary information on both sides of controversial issues?
- Fastest growing religion
- Samuel Reichmann
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 28
- Globalization letter by economist
- looking for a specific sheet music website
- Why does society seem to find the idea of prisoners being sodomized amusing?
- Did Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes say this?
- politcal opinons of the royal family
- Father Christmas
- The Odyessy - Comparing Pages 124 - 141 in the book to the movie
- Bank closures in the US
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 29
- Existence of my own mind
- The Black Sea ?
- Cargo ship v/s Cargo airline ?
- Old Middle English spelling for Jesus
- Biblical Name meanings
- British territories sold to the US in WWII
- Miami Beach
- A question of psychology
- Money / Banking / Investing
- Calling the UK England
- Monocular Blindness
- Saad EL hariri
- Cloth in Europe on the 1100-1300's
- "Heavy Manners"
- [Burgas Port]]
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 30
- Avignon papacy - 46 Years
- Question on the Buddha's first sermon
- Who is this?
- Law: accidental overhearing of confession
- Town twinning
- Reserve requirement of Canadian Banks
- Open market operation
- Medieval currency
- Re. "Goodbye, Mr. Chips"
- Shoes on or off ?
- Sha'biyat question
- what exactly was diefenbaker's achievement?
- Big Booty Song Lyrics
- A Somerset Maugham short story about a man and an elephant
- Hanging Saddam's dog - truth or WP vandalism?
- Where can I find a good archive of videos/pictures of American soldiers violating human rights in Iraq?
- God being Jesus's father
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Humanities/2006 December 31
- Anyone else go like Saddam?
- Humans and Monkeys?
- Conflicting information on U.S. currency
- The Bible as the word of God
- Resolves of the Pennsylvania Assembly on the Stamp Act
- Do Objectivists support prison rehabilitation?
- Rome travel guide
- or Blok
- Defunct UK magazine - nothing here and little elsewhere