|Welcome to the Wikipedia Science Reference Desk Archives
|The page you are currently viewing is a monthly archive index. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 1
- For Better Bio Gas Yield...??
- Phospholipase A2
- [Erotic asphyxiation]] question for evolutionary biologists, endocrinologists, and maybe embryologists
- Where can a man go to just 'vanish'?
- Big Bang and Big Collapse
- Why do teeth have nerves?
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Speaking of teeth...
- Tomato Hornworm
- protein hydrolysis and H2S
- shelf life and storage of dynamite and pyrotol
- Oncology Research
- What is it good for?
- Plane crash
- "Psychoelectronic" devices and weapons?
- Dizziness during inflation
- Phobia of centipedes and millipedes - and why?
- Antisocial Personality Disorder Origon
- Periodic table
- Squeezing legs
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 2
- Having wet dreams about drinking breastmilk
- onservation of momentum
- boiling water and conserving energy
- Orbital maintainance as a function of orbital velocity
- Locusts as food for humans
- What causes Electromagnetic radiation ?
- Organization of the periodic table
- An experiment made to separate oil from Coconut milk.
- ar clapping?
- Fully N-type MOSFETs
- AIDS after death
- Boiling_water_and_conserving_energy Part 2
- Year without a Summer
- What is a "Lewis conjugate" substance?
- KENTUCKY'S SOIL
- Chemical bonding in the nitric oxide
- Density and space
- Flea eggs
- What is the collective term for a group of Jellyfish?
- What is the collective term for a group of Reference Desk contributors
- Thermal Energy loss of a person
- gas turbine
- How many fish are in the sea?
- protein molecular weight
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 3
- Identificiation of a spider
- Cable TV wiring methods
- q = cp*delta t * m
- The Harris-Benedict equations
- Dark colored cliffs in Great Britain?
- hat is this?
- Earthworm and grasshopper digestion times
- siddhis and the paranormal
- So, I quit smoking a few weeks ago...
- Bernoulli's principle
- Electric Fences
- How to thicken bleach ?
- Dayhoff matrix
- What's so special about the ground?
- The Human Tongue...
- Favourite quantum mechanics interpretation
- Genetic Engineering
- Question on Special Relativity
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 4
- Swallowing and breathing
- Hydrocarbon compounds
- Black Hole characteristics
- Ears ringing
- six pack
- Intensity dependent dye effect
- How much land required to keep free-roaming peacocks?
- What does roast seagull taste like?
- Spinning (rotating) Black Hole
- thermometer thingy
- abortion again
- Reaction Rate Constant
- Measuring outside temp in cars
- Polymers and solubility
- Magnetic field on light ray
- Preventing menstrual cycle
- What happens when man takes a contraceptive pill?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 5
- Name of anti-depressant that makes people walk around a lot as a side-effect?
- Why do they euthanize horses after they break a leg?
- Keeping up with scientific discoveries
- canine cognitive dysfunction
- Sound smearing and size hop of a vocoder
- sinusoidal oscillators(electronic)
- Science (various)
- how to plant hybrid apple seeds
- Patenting of agricultural products
- scientific degree
- Mobile phones in airliners
- nergy Dissipation in Vibrating Solids
- Congenital disorders causing abandonment of young by animal mothers
- Rubies natural processes
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 6
- How to detect the presence of UV-C (253.7 nm) light?
- Finding the taxonomic classification
- Grease + paper = semi-clear?
- black body radiation
- Home for Unwanted Scholarships
- old history physics
- Kinsey Reports
- Ice age?
- algea inhibitions test.
- Chemistry : Solution question
- Chemistry: lollipops
- Remote unlocking
- Importance of Polar Ice Caps
- Simple harmonic motion
- Scientific papers on the recently-discovered connection between psoriasis and heart disease
- If humans had evolved from a solely carnivorous species?
- Freshly boiled water and tea
- scientific discoveries
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 7
- Gulf Stream
- Partial pressure Q
- A Void
- Blowing up the moon
- Skin care ingredients needed
- Hyperextension of legs
- what keeps cells together?
- project of pallet calcium chloride
- Power steering improvement - is it possible?
- Milk allergies
- I need more info on the Electro-Chemical Receiving Telephone.
- Physics - Pointlike mass launched from the top of a sphere
- Cat Allergies
- General Relativity
- What percentage of DNA do humans share with lesser black-backed gulls?
- ew H2/O2 alloy
- industrial water pump
- Absolute Minimum Density
- Butylated hydroxyanisole
- Captive bred pet gulls in the UK
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 8
- blue food coloring
- Standard state symbol in thermodynamics
- Early Film History
- Wiki images in Theses
- California earthquakes
- Science Project
- brain ?
- Eggs as cells
- Repent! The End Is Nigh!
- Buyoancy of wood
- Transit of Mercury
- Animal twins
- Zinc Production in Port Pirie, South Australia
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 9
- Skid Marks
- Joules and Farads and Volts, oh my!
- Absolute minimum density, part II
- IC Accelerometer
- Step down Transformers
- LIVER AS METABOLIC BUFFER
- Chemisty Question about lollipops
- Body Sensor
- Crossing legs and weight
- Mammal kidneys
- Boiling-point elevation
- Diseases which warrant a Quarantine
- Number of Species in Asia
- Another Curious Question for Anyone and Everyone to Answer
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 10
- make nanorobot
- Just because I'm paranoid...
- please tell me about te project (TREFFIC PUMP)
- how much electricity is produced
- Separating Mixtures
- Rusting iron in water
- Why so big?
- How are refusals to participate handled on surveys ?
- US Congressional Election results vs Voter Surveys
- Mileage equivalent of raising a car.
- Is a solution defined as a mixture in chemistry
- Blindness & Nothingness
- Things to be discover
- impossible Physics"
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 11
- Paper Mache
- A question on the biology of free will.
- Refractive index of cellulose
- Could science achieve this in the future?
- The human liver and the break down of alcohol
- Hospital Information
- Radial Tunnel Syndrome
- The little black hole that could
- Hard skin
- Determining molecular structure
- Why does nature likes so much to produce things in pairs? (two ears, two eyes, two lungs, two legs, four legs...
- Oxygen used
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 12
- tandard voltages
- Anaerobic fermentation with yeast.
- Global warming, man made?
- Winners from global warming ?
- List of minority-opinion scientific theories
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 13
- One thing in two places at once.
- Dinosaurs and Oil
- How do you pronounce the name of the sirtuin family of genes?
- Does this make sense?
- Academic Equivalence of a UK Pilots License
- Bioenergetics - Cellular energy expended on nucleic acid production?
- DT ppm of quail
- Oil Well
- Do sapphires dull?
- High quality gyroscope
- Do spiders sleep?
- Biodegradable Corrosion
- tower construction
- scarlet fever
- Why do the really huge gulls have eyes located on the sides of their heads?
- Name the fish!
- Long Range Gravity
- Identical "non-twins"
- vacuum container
- copper vs iron
- Latitude and longitude of place
- peanut butter and throat cancer
- what are skin parts and their functions?
- How is this name spelled?
- Evolutionary seeding or illness leading to differences in psychology?
- More gravity (sorry)
- hyperbaric oxygen treatment for hepatitis c
- one atmosphere of pressure??
- neo-natal cord care
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 14
- irradiated food
- re there Infinite Possible Futures? or just a lot?
- arliest sound recording (possibly pre-Edison)
- What does it mean when your Monocytes decrease..
- Naming a Diels-Alder product
- microalgal bioreactors
- alternating magnet
- organ transplantation
- Anomalous compounds/substances
- Which types of painkillers does caffeine enhance?
- n innovative application of laser?
- the liver
- Tai Chi hand postures
- Natural logarithm units
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 15
- Bicarbonate vs. Hydrogen Carbonate
- Non-Standard Sleeping Pattern Name
- High specific heat of water relating to exothermic reaction (simpler question on paragraph 3)
- Hydrocarbon fuel cells with proton-conducting electrolytes
- redox potential
- Watts in terms of volts - equation please
- low tech derusting and plating
- uts and bolts
- how to test out reactolite (photochromic) spectacle lenses?
- What if you don't have a gallbladder?
- Making magnets
- Cellulose found in paper
- HOW DO BOATS STAY AFLOAT?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 16
- electric bike
- The big rip, explained for a layman?
- induction heaters
- Eyeglass prescription
- rothrombin time
- Future geography
- for psychiatrists
- Meals for humans
- science fair project
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 17
- Displacement of the Universe
- upiter Explosion
- Greenhouse gases
- Targeted Drugs
- Memory foam outgassing
- Any ideas/available products for simple intercom switch over POTS?
- Original research or not?
- Levitating pens
- How do you create mass from energy?
- Why does spin-stabilisation work?
- Prilosec (medical question)
- casimir like effects
- Feeling a cold coming on
- Self induced Insanity - is it possible?
- Transmission of infrared, light and others
- ugar mites?
- skin necrosis
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 18
- The Moon
- Highest and lowest temperature and pressure
- Known black holes
- Number of body cells
- Fish bones?
- Capacitance problem
- Power Voltages
- Do animals have the period?
- Data Tables
- Colo(u)r codes in molecular images
- Safety question
- Anabolic Steroids
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 19
- Cell phone minutes
- Uranium and birth defects
- sodium hydroxide
- How many children can my wife and I have?
- Rocket Engines
- How do parafin heaters work?
- Why do cockatoos do this?
- Articles on Roadway Lighting systems
- Wisdom tooth extraction...
- Casimir attractive or repulsive?
- Is cannabis really good for asthma and tuberculosis?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 20
- School in Antarctica
- Physics Lab
- Hot air balloon materials
- Black Holes
- Bear problem...
- question (fear)
- Intercostal space
- electromagnetic wavelength
- properties of glass.
- Communication throught the earth
- Making a big magnet smaller
- Fundamental forces
- Orbital speed of the moon / speed of shadow during total solar eclipse
- Capacitor Power
- Electric Intensity
- teeth vs sugar substitutes
- fermion or boson?
- Is lightning lethal?
- remote neural monitoring
- Bicycle on a slope
- the body and muscles
- Help needed to identify species of Swallow
- Shock waves
- Thallium as a prescribed drug
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 21
- DNA Models
- Better Bio Gas Yeild?
- icture permissions
- Fridge mice
- composition of pH buffers?
- Cheap helium
- The Black Sea
- Polarization filters
- coordination compounds
- Opposite effect of Helium on voice...
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 22
- distilled water
- Solenoid valves in Gasoline engines?
- how do computer processors work ?
- Body and protiens
- Fat/institutionalized budgerigar question.
- Discharging a Capacitor
- Carbon dioxide
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 23
- LSD , Heroine and Mescaline
- can energy be described in million electron volt?
- Is a snapdragon's pollen poisonous?
- Hydrogen Powered Cars
- disinfecting cloths
- Properties of Bone
- RE: Electric intensity
- Ballon Mothership
- How to remove stain from corroded "copper" coin?
- If photosynthesis stops, how long have we got?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 24
- echanism of voice deeping due to testosterone
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Decomposition on the moon and in outer space?
- Weird, weird anatomy question (not medical advice)
- Question in Chemistry
- E=mc2 ... innovation?
- Iron's role in the human body
- ure water
- Integrated circuits
- ounded screw heads
- Calculating Conductivity
- Iron Ingestion
- Crystal structure affecting properties of Group 2 metals
- Removing a wart
- Silly, perhaps, anatomical question.....
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 25
- Taller people
- Defense mechanism
- SpaceShip One
- Question in chemistry
- Shapes of the molecule
- What population size is normal for humans?
- Iron poisoning
- Tasteless Thallium
- wood beetles
- What's the difference between a pigment and a dye?
- Endangered bacteria, algae or similar
- Engine Idling
- Lockwashers: which when?
- Effect of Flat Circular Shapes Falling onto a Flat Surface
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 26
- Crystal structure affecting properties of Group 2 metals (retrieved from archive)
- D. Gary Young, Young Living Essentials and Raindrop Therapy
- Lux-Flood acid-base definitions
- Barmuda triangle
- Necessity of Ejaculation
- ld people smell!
- Formulae relating to conductivity required
- Dependency of climate on the Earth's axis of rotation
- lu question
- Who studies the origin of neurosis?
- Do natural levees develop during floods because slower moving waters can only carry smaller particles?
- Is this a House Sparrow?
- atmospheric stagnation
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 27
- Ion name
- milk and growth
- RE2:Electric Intensity
- q nought
- Unknown Island
- Concentric arrangement of radio antennae
- Whale anatomy question
- wart hog and boar
- Digital binoculars
- Evolutionary reasons for plant-based medicines?
- availability of medicated stent
- Parabolic sound collecting dish
- how fast is the earth warming?
- Endangered species, man made?
- Big human cube
- Negative buoyancy
- Remote-controlled phone--will these parts work?
- Solar flare
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 28
- Biological pollutants in Human Waste
- quickest way to lose weight
- Topic on Consumer Awareness
- Rotary Cam
- URGENT! What do you call the test to determine whether one is a suitable bone marrow donor?
- Fish deuterostomic or Protostomic
- ice shoulders
- Energy to make a wind turbine.
- "Market" for leptin
- detailed information regarding the physics of webbed feet in birds, especially as it relates to birds which skim on the water as it lands
- The abuses of silicates
- Why does burning natural gas produce 40% less CO2 than burning coal?
- urface area of a lightbulb
- Fv vs Fab (Antibodies)
- Stock System
- annihilation of matter
- Finding a table with the charge of Ions
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 29
- Valence Electrons
- Can one be 'left-eared'?...
- astor bean
- ticky notes
- urine fertilizer
- ph scale
- Finance / SEC question: How much is MySpace founder Chris DeWolfe worth?
- Reverse polarity and antimatter query
- repulsive quantum vacuum
- Photon Duality
- science help
- avoidant personality disorder
- Tuning fork
- How are radioactive materials mined? Where do they occur naturally?
- History of Gears
- banana "strings"
- nail varnish
- How do they make Liquid Nitrogen?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2006 November 30
- Left and Right Side of the heart
- maximum RPM
- Environmental Effects of Tobacco
- hey may die, but they won't care
- Energy Divided by Mass or Volume
- Sustainability of nuclear fission
- Minaret construction
- Short dipole antenna
- Lovebird question
- coal making
- Water Scientific term
- Molecules & Chemical Formula of Medicines?
- Achilles tendon
- Humidex vs. heat index...