Wikipedia:Tip of the day/February 6
There is good advice at notability guideline for books page for writing new articles about books, as well as updating existing book articles. A book is notable, and generally merits an article, if it verifiably meets through reliable sources, one or more of the following criteria:
- The book has been the subject of two or more non-trivial published works appearing in sources that are independent of the book itself.
- The book has won a major literary award.
- The book has been considered by reliable sources to have made a significant contribution to a notable or significant motion picture, or other art form, or event or political or religious movement.
- The book is, or has been, the subject of instruction at two or more schools, colleges, universities or post-graduate programs in any particular country.
- The book's author is so historically significant that any of the author's written works may be considered notable.