|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Processes page.
Why was this tagged as a proposal? It doesn't actually say... anything... concrete. Not everything has to have a tag at the top of it defining it as a particular sort of page. I have removed the tag it is fine just as... a page. Gurch (talk) 19:44, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- I think an essay would be more fitting. A guideline appears to be too authoritative, and I do not believe telling our audience how they have to proceed in certain cases would be appropriate or justifiable. Documenting it is another story. ChyranandChloe (talk) 10:24, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
If I'm interpreting the project page right, I think it would be a good addition to document how decisions are made on Wikipedia. For example, this would help answer the question: how are articles made and improved, how are COI's resolved, and so forth. I've cleaned up the prose, you don't need subordinate and differential, just differential is enough.
I've rewritten the prose to be more articulate and to introduce several key points I think should be emphasized here in this project page, changes are from this old version:
- Don't need subordinate and differential, just differential is enough
- Redefined the first sentence to increase the scope of the project page
- Distinct from guidelines does not need to be explicit, we haven't established whether this would be a proposed guideline, or whether it would be an essay; in either case, distinct would either become contradictory, or unnecessary
- "Like any organism" does not connect with the rest of the paragraph, an organism is not a set of policies. For this idiom to work, there needs to be a link between it and the rest of the paragraph
- I've left it as it is for today, perhaps moving it to a sandbox may be more appropriate, the previous version can be found here. Documenting process is probably what I would describe this project page as. I know I'm leaving a lot out, but let's get the outline established first, then moving on to actually articulating. ChyranandChloe (talk) 10:24, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- This diff. Done up until wikiprojects, which is a little harder than the laid out process of dispute resolution, consensus making, and proposals. ChyranandChloe (talk) 21:32, 16 May 2009 (UTC)