Wikipedia talk:WikiProject TUGS
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject TUGS page.
|Archives: 1, 2|
Not left a message here in a while! Just to note that I've updated the above file's image summary. Looking back on it, i think we could easily re-word it and use it on all the screenshots which FelixCheng added. I think this is a task we could set about doing. Anyone interested?
- I'm too busy to help right now, :'( but I'm glad other people are working here on WP:TUGS :) ! ZEM talk to me! 17:48, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
Regarding size of "List of..." pages - possible solution
Hi again, I've thought of a possible solution to the problem with the size of the "List of..." pages (List of minor TUGS characters, List of recurring TUGS characters), where I think that the Lists are way to big in size (I mentioned it at the recurring page a while ago).
How about instead of having a new Level 3 heading for every character ===Like this===, we simply add the characters in bold text, with a short description, in one paragraph? It would be sort of like what's going on on the Bigg City Port page, here's what i think i mean:
Name of Fleet/Boat type
- Name of Fleet/Boat type character 1: Short description of character 1.
- Name of Fleet/Boat type character 2: Short description of character 2.
- Name of Fleet/Boat type character 3: Short description of character 3.
- The "short description" section allows us to really cut out the crap of the characters. I mean, think how simple it would be. We wouldn't need to include a full description of some adventure the character has had, we could put that on List of TUGS episodes, under the episode in question. It could just be "They do this, they were in this". Really concise!
- The contents page of the article would be small, as opposed to the gigantic one currently over at the two list of pages.
- It sort of reflects what happened in the TUGS AfD, they said that all these characters didn't need their own pages, I suppose I'm just taking it one step further.
- A lot of links to the page could be more general, pages linking to "List of TUGS characters#Fleet/Boat type" would be more useful that "List of TUGS characters#Individual character".
The funny thing is, i think it's quite similar to what's going on over at the Theodore Tugboat page. But trust me we are not in cahoots. I think i'm probably going to go about doing this, as I think its a very good idea. If anyone disagrees, feel free to comment. Now, if anyone is looking for stuff to do in relation to the project, there are two things which will spring up instantly as a result of these actions:
- Since we're hopefully now going to be covering each character in a few lines, there would be no need for all the character images (you can see a full list at Category:WikiProject TUGS articles) so we could probably go about deleting alot of them. This would include all of the Star Fleet images, as they can be covered in one single image (Star Fleet Full.png). A similar image could probably be worked out for the Z's, as well as maybe a few compilation images of the Barges, Liners etc.
- There's going to be a hell of a lot of links which need to be redirected, as I've already outlined above. And I know its stupid since I've probably only recently finished fixing the links from when i rearranged everything before, but hey, price of perfection and all that.
- BRAVO!!! I like your thinking, it really is a great idea. ZEM talk to me! 18:27, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
A resource for TUGS
As members of WikiProject Thomas found, Wikipedia is not always "fan friendly". They use Train Spotting World to enable them to do things that Wikipedia, as an encyclopaedia, does not allow. http://train.spottingworld.com/Template:Thomas shows some of what they have used TSW to do. And it is also used to act as a repository for articles that are in danger of deletion here at WP
Since TUGS may find it runs into the same constraints I'd like to offer Ship Spotting World, notably the TUGS starting point, to editors here with a special interest in TUGS. Indeed there may be an overlap between TUGS and TTTE.
The look and feel is Mediawiki, so everything should be familiar. It's free and supported by advertising.
I'll be happy to answer any questions, but I absolutely will not make a shameless plug for it. The resource is there, ready for when and if you need it, accepts totally unencyclopaedic content and is a new community waiting to be formed. Fiddle Faddle (talk) 22:01, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
TUGS Wikipedia book now available
Wikipedia has recently created a new feature where you can purchase physical books which consist of all copies of the articles on the particular subject. I've taken the time to create one on the subject of TUGS which you can see here: Book:TUGS. All you see there you can then download as a pdf or purchase a physical copy of it which would be great for any TUGS fans. Hope you enjoy it and if you do want to add more to it or change some things about, please be aware that we don't want to clutter it too much with anything that although relevant may seem unecessary. --Victory93 (talk) 09:55, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
Updates to TV#MOS
I'm not sure how many people monitor WP:MOSTV or even WP:TV (the basic WikiProject for all of us), but we've been trying to get some feedback on additions to the TV Manual of Style. It largely has to do with the inclusion of "Overview" tables at the start of the page, the order in which season lists are presented (currently, there is no concrete order), and what is considered too much info for DVDs (i.e. should we be placing every detail about the box set in the article, from each interview to the aspect ratio, or should be keep it more generalized). Please see discussion at WT:MOSTV#Updates to the MOS. Thank you. BIGNOLE (Contact me) 22:10, 29 August 2010 (UTC)
Books & Videos → Media
Just a quick note, I think it would be wise to take the "Videos" section of the TUGS page, combine it with List of TUGS books and put the whole thing out as List of TUGS media. I've not made the move just yet but I've retitled the pipe in the TUGS series template regardless. --SteelersFanUK06 AFCNorth2k10 03:54, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
Merger of this project into WikiProject Television as a task force
It has been suggested that this project be merged into WikiProject Television as a task force since it might be inactive or semi-active. After reviewing this project, it appears that there have not been any active discussion on the talk page in some time and the only content updates appear to be simple maintenance so being supported by a larger project might be beneficial. If you have questions or comments, please let us know. JJ98 (Talk / Contributions) 09:42, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- Since there is no objections for a year, I guess I am going to convert into a task force anyway. JJ98 (Talk / Contributions) 10:13, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
Jeremy King interview
I am in the process of copyediting the List of Tugs characters and came across this interview, which you might find useful for detailing some of the characters and modeling approaches for the show.
|The following references may be useful when improving this article in the future:
Leaflet for Wikiproject TUGS at Wikimania 2014
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
The deadline for submissions is 1st July 2014
For more information or to sign up for one for your project, go to:
Adikhajuria (talk) 10:41, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:48, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.