Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Travel and Tourism
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Travel and Tourism and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: 1, 2|
|WikiProject Travel and Tourism||(Rated Project-class, Top-importance)|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Threads with no replies in 120 days may be automatically moved.|
- 1 Can an editor please look at my proposed changes to this company page? The Association of Independent Tour Operators
- 2 Popular pages report
- 3 One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!
- 4 Template for Israeli passport stamps
- 5 Updates to the Hilton Worldwide article
- 6 Why our company is not listed on the listed page of car rental companies in dubai
Can an editor please look at my proposed changes to this company page? The Association of Independent Tour Operators
I work for AITO and have suggested some updates to this page , here:
The current version is not very good quality and includes links to irrelevant websites. It would be much appreciated if someone could take a look! I have referenced the content.
Many thanks, Kyomi
Popular pages report
We – Community Tech – are happy to announce that the Popular pages bot is back up-and-running (after a one year hiatus)! You're receiving this message because your WikiProject or task force is signed up to receive the popular pages report. Every month, will post at Wikipedia:WikiProject Travel and Tourism/Popular pages with a list of the most-viewed pages over the previous month that are within the scope of WikiProject Travel and Tourism.
We've made some enhancements to the original report. Here's what's new:
- The pageview data includes both desktop and mobile data.
- The report will include a link to the pageviews tool for each article, to dig deeper into any surprises or anomalies.
- The report will include the total pageviews for the entire project (including redirects).
We're grateful to m:User talk:Community Tech bot.for his original , and we wish his bot a happy robot retirement. Just as before, we hope the popular pages reports will aid you in understanding the reach of WikiProject Travel and Tourism, and what articles may be deserving of more attention. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at
Warm regards, the Community Tech Team 17:16, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!
Template for Israeli passport stamps
Visitors whose passport contains a passport stamp from Israel are not allowed to enter a number of countries because of the Arab League boycott of Israel. However there has been edit warring on a number of passport articles when this information has been added.
I feel that this is important encyclopaedic information to add to all our
passport articles about Visa requirements for ??? citizens (with the possible exception of our Israeli passport article about Visa requirements for Israeli citizens) and that a template should be formulated to reduce errors and maintenance overhead.
Does anyone disagree?
My suggested text for such a template would be:
Iran, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen do not allow entry to people with passport stamps from Israel or whose passports have either a used or an unused Israeli visa, or where there is evidence of previous travel to Israel. To circumvent this Arab League boycott of Israel the Israeli immigration services have now mostly ceased to stamp foreign nationals' passports on either entry to or exit from Israel.
- BushelCandle Is your proposal to add text to the ~300 Wikipedia articles for country passports? That seems excessive, regardless of what the text is. I am not sure what should be done, but generally, if there is information relevant to lots of Wikipedia articles then that information should be posted in its own wiki article, then other articles link to that central one. I am not aware of cases in which text in lots of wiki articles is managed by a central template as you are proposing. Why not make some kind of "travel restrictions" new article then have the others link to it? Blue Rasberry (talk) 21:19, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- No, I do not propose adding it to Passport articles and I have now corrected my proposal above. Personally I think that it is far more useful to have the specific travel restrictions for each nationality directly visible on each relevant citizenship technical article and this is precisely the sort of use that templates are designed for. This way the maintenance task of adding or subtracting countries is reduced more than one hundred-fold. There's probably a case for a similar "Armenian descent" template in regard to Azerbaijan... BushelCandle (talk) 13:36, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
- There is this text in articles already but it's not uniform and it's not in all articles. This has led to one editor raising conspiracy theories how the info is intentionally omitted from some articles which is nonsense. Therefore I support this proposal. I would only add to "or where there is evidence of previous travel to Israel." that it refers to stamps issued at border crossings with Israel by the authorities of neighbouring countries.--Twofortnights (talk) 07:37, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
Updates to the Hilton Worldwide article
On behalf of Hilton, I've proposed four updates the Hilton Worldwide article. I think they are pretty straightforward and non-controversial, but I do not edit articles directly and seek assistance from an uninvolved editor to review my edit request (see here). Is a WikiProject Travel and Tourism participant willing to help? I can address any questions or concerns on the article's talk page, or my user talk page. Inkian Jason (talk) 18:35, 16 November 2017 (UTC)
- Done This edit request has been answered, so I am marking this section as resolved. Inkian Jason (talk) 22:27, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
Why our company is not listed on the listed page of car rental companies in dubai
HI Every one I wanted to know, how can I add my website having niche rent a car dubai to the list as all my competitors as my boss is just furious. Kindly let me know the details.