Wildlife Management Area
Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) are protected areas set aside for the conservation of wildlife and for recreational activities involving wildlife.
In the United States, WMAs exist in the following states:
- Nebraska 
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New Hampshire
- New York
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Papua New Guinea
In Papua New Guinea a Wildlife Management Area is the simplest form of protected area, that protects an area of land or water while retaining full power to landowners to manage their land. WMAs are managed by an elected committee formed of customary landowners.
List of Wildlife Management Areas in Papua New Guinea:
- Tonda Wildlife Management Area, Western Province
- Crater Mountain Wildlife Management Area, Eastern Highlands Province
- Kamiali Wildlife Management Area, Morobe Province
- Lake Kutubu Wildlife Management Area, Southern Highlands Province
- Oi Mada Wara Wildlife Management Area, Goodenough Island, Milne Bay Province
- Sulamesi Wildlife Management Area, Mount Bosavi, Southern Highlands Province
- Maza Wildlife Management Area, Western Province
- Aramba Wildlife Management Area, Western Province
- Wereaver Wildlife Management Area, Western Province
- Libano-Arisai Wildlife Management Area, Mount Bosavi, Southern Highlands Province
- Libano-Hose Wildlife Management Area, Mount Bosavi, Southern Highlands Province
- Neiru (Aird Hills) Wildlife Management Area, Gulf Province
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website retrieved 27 December 2012
- "Wildlife Management Areas". Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources retrieved 15 October 2011
- Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks retrieved 19 August 2013
- Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks website retrieved 8 January 2010
-  retrieved 29 September 2015
- New jersey division of fish and wildlife website retrieved 8 January 2010
- New Mexico Wildlife website retrieved 8 January 2010
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife website retrieved 8 January 2010
- "Subchapter F. Special Wildlife Management Areas". Pennsylvania Code. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency website retrieved 24 August 2012
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Service website retrieved 8 January 2010
- "Wildlife Management Areas". Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- WWF:Setting up a WMA, 2005, retrieved 28 June 2010