Wildlife Management Area
A Wildlife Management Area (WMA) is a protected area set aside for the conservation of wildlife and for recreational activities involving wildlife.
In the United States, WMAs exist in the following states:
- Nebraska 
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New Hampshire
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Papua New Guinea
In Papua New Guinea a Wildlife Management Area is the simplest form of protected area, that protects an area of land or water while retaining full power to landowners to manage their land. WMAs are managed by an elected committee formed of customary landowners.
List of Wildlife Management Areas in Papua New Guinea:
- Tonda Wildlife Management Area, Western Province
- Crater Mountain Wildlife Management Area, Eastern Highlands Province
- Kamiali Wildlife Management Area, Morobe Province
- Lake Kutubu Wildlife Management Area, Southern Highlands Province
- Oi Mada Wara Wildlife Management Area, Goodenough Island, Milne Bay Province
- Sulamesi Wildlife Management Area, Mount Bosavi, Southern Highlands Province
- Maza Wildlife Management Area, Western Province
- Aramba Wildlife Management Area, Western Province
- Wereaver Wildlife Management Area, Western Province
- Libano-Arisai Wildlife Management Area, Mount Bosavi, Southern Highlands Province
- Libano-Hose Wildlife Management Area, Mount Bosavi, Southern Highlands Province
- Neiru (Aird Hills) Wildlife Management Area, Gulf Province
The Community Wildlife Management Areas Consortium (CWMAC) is an umbrella organization for all other organizations in Tanzania.As of 2016 there are 22 WMA's that have received "Authorized Association" (AA) status out of a total of 38 that have been established or gazetted. WMA's include:
- Burunge - Juhibu Wildlife Management Area: Established in 2003 the 617 square kilometres (238 sq mi) is in the Babati District.
- Chingoli Wildlife Management Area: Gazetted 2012 it is part of the Selous-Niassa Wildlife Corridor. The 47 square kilometres (18 sq mi) Selous Game Reserve of Tanzania, a UNESCO World Heritage-Site and the 42.4 square kilometres (16.4 sq mi) of Mozambique.
- Enduimet Wildlife Management Area: Established in 2003 the 1,282 square kilometres (495 sq mi) WMA is in the Longido District in the Olmolog and Tinga wards in the Western part of the Kilimanjaro Basin. The WMA borders the Kilimanjaro National Park on the South-East, the Tanzania-Kenya political boundary on the north, and the Ngasurai Open Area on the west. Kilimanjaro is approimately 20 square kilometres (7.7 sq mi) west of the WMA center.
- Iluma Wildlife Management Area: The WMA is located in Kilombero and Ulanga districts of the Morogoro Region in Eastern Tanzania. It is part of Selous ecosystem as well as the Kilombero Valley Ramsar site. The area borders Selous Game Reserve to the East. Most of the district area lies along the Kilombero River valley and part of it in the Rufiji Basin and Selous Game Reserve which extends to the Udzungwa Mountains National Park.
- Kimbanda Wildlife Management Area
- Kisungule Wildlife Management Area
- Mbomip - Pawaga-Idodi Wildlife Management Area
- Randileni Wildlife Management Area
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website retrieved 27 December 2012
- "Wildlife Management Areas (WMA)". www.iowadnr.gov.
- "Wildlife Management Areas". Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- Maine WMA
- Massachusetts WMA/
- "Wildlife Management Area regulations". Mass.gov.
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources retrieved 15 October 2011
- Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks retrieved 19 August 2013
- Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks website retrieved 8 January 2010
- Nebraska retrieved 29 September 2015
- New jersey division of fish and wildlife website retrieved 8 January 2010
- New Mexico Wildlife website retrieved 8 January 2010
- North Dakota Game and Fish Department website retrieved 7 December 2017
- Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation retrieved 30 August 2019
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife website retrieved 8 January 2010
- "Subchapter F. Special Wildlife Management Areas". Pennsylvania Code. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management Atlas retrieved 29 April 2018
- Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency website retrieved 24 August 2012
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Service website retrieved 8 January 2010
- "Find A Wildlife Management Area". Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department. Retrieved 16 February 2020.
- "Wildlife Management Areas". Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- WWF:Setting up a WMA, 2005, retrieved 28 June 2010
- Tanzania WMA's- Retrieved 2019-10-20
- Burunge WMA- Retrieved 2019-10-20
- Chingoli WMA
- Enduimet WMA