From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up windowing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Windowing may refer to:
- Windowing system, a graphical user interface (GUI) which implements windows as a primary metaphor
- In signal processing, the application of a window function to a signal
- In computer networking, a flow control mechanism to manage the amount of transmitted data sent without receiving an acknowledgement (e.g. TCP windowing)
- A method to interpret a two-digit year as a regular four-digit year, see Year 2000 problem
- Address Windowing Extensions, a Microsoft Windows Application Programming Interface
- A process used to produce images in a computed tomography (CT) scan
- A method of publication wherein a work is published on different media at different times (e.g. first in cinemas, then on Blu-ray)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Windowing.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.