Where Is Fred?
|Where Is Fred?|
|Directed by||Anno Saul|
|Produced by||Philip Voges
|Written by||Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio
Alexandra Maria Lara
Christoph Maria Herbst
|Music by||Marcel Barsotti|
|Edited by||Tobias Haas|
|Distributed by||Senator Film|
|November 16, 2006|
Where Is Fred? (German: Wo ist Fred?), also credited as Where Is Fred!?, is a 2006 German film directed by Anno Saul, and produced by Philip Voges and Eberhard Junkersdorf. Written by Ken Daurio, Cinco Paul and Bora Dağtekin, it stars Til Schweiger, Alexandra Maria Lara, Jürgen Vogel and Christoph Maria Herbst.
Fred plans to marry his girlfriend Mara, and he proposes her at the sold–out basketball match. Instead of accepting, Mara puts that decision on her spoiled son, Linus. In order to get Linus to like him, Fred decides to give him a basketball from the Linus' favourite team. He poses as a wheelchair–bound fan so that he could get it. But when he catches the ball, he also catches the attention of young, attractive filmmaker Denise, who wants to feature an invalid fan in an image film for the team. Fred has to keep playing his role, while real invalid and really furious fan Ronny might call his bluff at any moment.
- Til Schweiger as Fred
- Alexandra Maria Lara as Denise
- Jürgen Vogel as Alex
- Christoph Maria Herbst as Ronnie
- Anja Kling as Mara
- Ramon Julia König as Linus
- Gerit Kling as Maras Schwester Sabine
- Pasquale Aleardi as Benno Held
- Tanja Wenzel as Vicky
- David Scheller as Zlatko
- Fahri Yardım as Mehmet
- Daniel Steiner as Christian
- Vanessa Petruo as Julia
- Eckhard Preuß as Stefan
- Ursela Monn as Mrs. Grundmann
- Klaus Manchen as Mr. Hubert
- Kurt Krömer as Mr. Bubback
- Erwin Aljukic as Niklas
- Adele Neuhauser as Mrs. Hildegart
- Michael Hanemann as Mr. Grundmann
|Where Is Fred?|
|Soundtrack album by Various Artists|
|Released||17 November 2006|
|Genre||Pop, rock, funk, soul, classical|
- Bob Geldof — "Room 19 (Sha La La La Lee)"
- Bass]— "Playing Games Remix"
- Mr. Scruff — "Spandex Man"
- Absynthe Minded — "Pretty Horny Flow Full"
- Swinging Girls — "Lass Dich Mit Musik Verwöhnen"
- Giuseppe Verdi — "Il Trovatore: Anvil Chorus (Act II)"
- Orson — "No Tomorrow"
- New Found Glory — "I Don't Wanna Know"
- Paris — "Freedom"
- James Brown — "Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine"
- Timid Tiger — "Miss Murray"
- Siebeth feat. Miss Jessica — "3 Minutes"
- Snow Patrol — "Chasing Cars"
Where Is Fred? received mixed to negative reviews. Prisma-Online.de described the film as "flat, childish, annoying and stupid". The Lexicon of International Films named it as "the mix of desolate confusion, outrageous script and irritating stereotype". However, F. M. Hemke of Filmszene.de wrote that Where Is Fred? was a "really funny and entertaining film, a successful firework of situation comedy, despite a lame start", and gave the film seven out of ten points. Matthew Englander of Live Journal gave the film rather mixed review, writing, "have to admit that parts of it were quite funny but overall it went on too long". Marcus Kleine Filmseit called the film "politically incorrect", but praised the performance of Christoph Maria Herbst. Claudia Wente also praised the performance of Jürgen Vogel and wrote that he "played with convincing ease".
|Germany||16 November 2006||Wo ist Fred?|
|Austria||17 November 2006||Wo ist Fred?|
|Hungary||3 July 2007||Hol van Fred?||Straight-to-DVD|
|Russia||12 July 2007||На колёсах|
|Ukraine||12 July 2007||На колесах|
|Argentina||16 September 2007||Dónde está Fred?|
|Canada||25 November 2007||Where Is Fred!?||Ottawa European Union Film Festival|
|Canada||2 December 2007||Where Is Fred!?||Vancouver European Union Film Festival|
|South Korea||10 July 2008|
- "Wo ist Fred!?". Filmportal.de (in German). Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- "Wo Ist Fred? [Soundtrack]". Amazon.de (in German). Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- "Wo ist Fred?". Prisma-Online.de (in German). 16 November 2006. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- "Wo ist Fred?". Lexicon of International Films (in German). 17 November 2006. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- F. M. Hemke (16 November 2011). "Wo ist Fred?". Filmszene.de (in German). Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- Matthew Englander (5 December 2007). "Wo Ist Fred?". Live Journal. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- "Zuletzt gesehen - Wo ist Fred!?". Marcus Kleine Filmseit (in German). 13 November 2006. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- Claudia Wente (16 November 2006). "Wo ist Fred?". Critic.de (in German). Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- "Awards for 'Where Is Fred?'". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 23 July 2011.