|Zahabiya Khorakiwala, MD |
Anupam Verma, President
|Services||Heart Care, Bone & Joint, Brain & Spine|
Number of employees
Wockhardt Hospitals are one of the tertiary care, super speciality healthcare networks in India offering healthcare services. The chain of hospitals is owned by the parent company Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd., India's 5th largest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare company with a presence in 20 countries across the globe. Wockhardt hospitals, originally called First hospitals and Heart Institute, were one of the early movers among corporate health-care chains in India. The company was established in 1989 and it started its first operations with a medical center in Kolkata, 1989 and a heart hospital in Bangalore two years later. Today the company has its presence across India with 9 multi speciality hospital networks.
Wockhardt Hospitals was incorporated on 28 August 1991 under the Companies Act, 1956 as a public limited company. The Company was originally named First Hospitals and Heart Institute Limited. On 11 September 2000 the name was changed to Wockhardt Health Sciences Limited and subsequently on 19 October 2000 the name was changed to Wockhardt Hospitals Limited.
- January 1990 Wockhardt Medical Centre, Kolkata
- March 1991 Wockhardt Hospital and Heart Institute, Bangalore
- July 1993 Wockhardt Hospital and Kidney Institute, Kolkata
- July 2002 Wockhardt Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
- July 2004 Wockhardt Heart Hospital, Nagpur
- July 2005 Kamineni Wockhardt Hospital, Hyderabad
- January 2006 Wockhardt Hospital, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore
- February 2006 Wockhardt Heart Centre, Hyderabad
- January 2007 N M Virani Wockhardt Hospital, Rajkot
- January 2007 Wockhardt Hospital, Chord Road, Bangalore
- April 2007 Sterling Wockhardt Hospital, New Mumbai
- June 2007 Wockhardt Hospital, Chord Road, Bangalore
- 2010 NUSI Wockhardt Hospitals, Goa
- 2014 Acquisition of Management and Operation of TUIMSAR, North Mumbai
- November 2014 New Age Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai
Accreditations and Associations
Wockhardt-HMI HIV/AIDS Education and Research Foundation (WHARF) is a non-government organization established to provide training to healthcare professionals and counselors in India.
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- "wockhardt-hospitals-zahabiya-wockhardt-group". articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- "About us".
- "Khorakiwalas are now successfully rebuilding their hospital network". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 11 July 2019.