Wollondilly Anglican College
|Wollondilly Anglican College|
Excellence, Endurance, Eternity
|School type||Independent Anglican Co-educational Primary and Secondary|
|Motto||"For Christ's Glory"|
|Grades||Transition – Year 12|
|Average class size||30|
|Campus size||80 acres (32 ha)|
|Houses||Sollya, Telopea, Grevillea, Wollemi, Acacia|
|School colour(s)||Black, White, Green|
|Team name||Wollondilly Wildcats|
Wollondilly Anglican College is an independent, co-educational Transition to Year 12 school, operated under the Sydney Anglican Schools Corporation. It is located in Tahmoor, New South Wales, Australia.
The College, situated on 80 acres (320,000 m2) of bushland, houses buildings for all facilities from Science to Sporting, including an Auditorium for Creative and Performing Arts events.
The College buildings are named after famous Christian Australians. These include Clifford Warne, Joseph Banks, Dame Nellie Melba, Charles Sturt, Elizabeth Macarthur, John Flynn, Captain James Cook and Alfred Deakin.
The College, opened in 2004 by former Prime Minister of Australia John Howard, began its life teaching students from Kindergarten to Year 7. The Foundation and current Headmaster is Dr Stuart Quarmby.
Wollondilly Anglican College is divided into four main sections which include:
- Junior School (Transition - Year 4)
- Middle School (Year 5 - Year 8)
- Senior School (Year 9 - Year 12)
College students are divided into 5 different house groups on enrolment. The house groups are named after native Australian plants. These groups are used primarily for competing in sporting events. The house groups are as follows:
- Sollya (Blue)
- Telopea (Red)
- Grevillea (Maroon)
- Wollemi (Green)
- Acacia (Yellow)
The College Prayer is recited at the finish of weekly assemblies as well as during the College's formal occasions. It reflects Wollondilly's Christian views and is included in the front cover of the Student Diaries.
- Our Father in heaven, we turn to You as the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, whose love for us reaches to the highest heavens and whose faithfulness reaches to the skies.
- We thank You for the gift of Your son, Jesus Christ, who in accordance with scripture, gave His own life to restore us into Your kingdom.
- We are grateful that Your undeserved grace has brought us this far and we ask that You continue to bless this college as we seek to serve each other and the community for Christ's glory.
- Father, hear our prayer.
- In the name of Jesus,