Post office, 2018
|Population||191 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Yarriambiack|
Woomelang is a town in the Mallee region of Victoria, Australia. The town is in the Shire of Yarriambiack local government area and on the Sunraysia Highway, 359 kilometres (223 mi) north-west of the state capital, Melbourne, 183 kilometres (114 mi) south-east of Mildura and 154 kilometres (96 mi) north of Horsham. At the 2011 census, Woomelang and the surrounding area had a population of 191.
As with most towns in the Mallee region, the main industry is dryland agriculture and woolgrowing. The population has been slowly declining, from 290 at the 1981 census to 211 people in 2001, 195 in 2006, and 191 in 2011.
Woomelang Post Office opened on 10 August 1900.
With its neighbouring township Lascelles, Woomelang had a football team (Woomelang-Lascelles) competing in the Mallee Football League, until the league folded at the end of the 2015 season. Golfers play at the course of the Woomelang Golf Club on Sunraysia Highway.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Woomelang (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2016-05-13.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Woomelang (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2007-10-01.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 2008-04-11
- Golf Select, Woomelang, retrieved 2009-05-11
Media related to Woomelang at Wikimedia Commons
- Woomelang Website - Official site
- Yarriambiack Shire Council - Official site
- Travelmate tourist site
|This article about a location in the Mallee is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|