Work Time Fun
|Work Time Fun|
|Developer(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
Sony Computer Entertainment
Work Time Fun, known in Japan as Beit Hell 2000 (バイトヘル2000 Baito Heru Nisen, "Beit" being short for Arbeit, a Japanese loanword for "part-time job") is a video game developed by D3 and Sony for the PlayStation Portable. The English title is a play on the slang "WTF", short for 'What The Fuck?', indicating confusion.
WTF was released in Japan on December 22, 2005, and in America on October 17, 2006. On October 2, 2008 it became available for download from the PlayStation Store.
The game contains over forty minigames, representing insane part-time jobs the player receives from the "Job Demon", which must be completed in a certain amount of time and at a certain difficulty, depending on the level. Examples include counting chickens (sorting newborn chicks into male, female, or dying), chopping wood (while trying not to chop cute cartoon animals that sometimes get put on the chopping block), putting caps on pens in a factory, karate, and other humorously repetitive minigames. By completing these minigames, the player earns money which can be used at a gashapon machine to randomly receive a new minigame, prizes for the gallery, or even a gadget that the player can use on the PSP outside of the game, such as a clock.
The game received "mixed" reviews according to the review aggregation website Metacritic. In Japan, Famitsu gave it a score of one seven, one eight, one seven, and one six, for a total of 28 out of 40.
- "WTF: Work Time Fun for PSP Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- Chu, Karen (October 17, 2006). "WTF [Work Time Fun]". 1UP.com. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- EGM staff (November 2006). "WTF: Work Time Fun". Electronic Gaming Monthly (209): 134.
- "Collection of every PSP-game reviewed in Famitsu". NeoGAF. August 27, 2006. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- Bertz, Matt (November 2006). "WTF: Work Time Fun". Game Informer (163): 144. Archived from the original on July 30, 2009. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- OMGWTFBBQ (October 20, 2006). "Review: WTF: Work Time Fun". GamePro. Archived from the original on February 4, 2008. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- Gerstmann, Jeff (October 30, 2006). "Work Time Fun Review". GameSpot. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- Stratton, Bryan (November 2, 2006). "GameSpy: WTF: Work Time Fun". GameSpy. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- Sandoval, Angelina (November 4, 2006). "WTF: Work Time Fun - PSP - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on October 7, 2008. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- Castro, Juan (October 26, 2006). "WTF: Work Time Fun Review". IGN. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "WTF: Work Time Fun". Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine: 136. December 2006.