World Dryer Model A hand dryer in public restroom. This style Model A was primarily used throughout the 1990s through early 2000s.
||5700 McDermott Drive Berkeley, Illinois, United States
|Tom Vic (President)
World Dryer Corporation is a Berkeley, Illinois based manufacturer of hand dryers and related products. Established in 1950 with the Model A, it is an ISO 9002 certified company, briefly a subsidiary of Beatrice Foods, and has been a subsidiary of Carrier Corporation since 2000.
- 1950- World Dryer introduces Model A cast-iron cover hand dryer as the industry standard
- 1951- World Dryer brand is established
- 1987- World Dryer introduces sensor-activated automatic hand dryers
- 1992- World Dryer acquires Electric-Aire
- 2000- World Dryer acquires NOVA
- 2005- World Dryer launches SMARTdri
- 2011- World Dryer introduces Airforce, an energy efficient high-speed hand dryer
- 2012- World Dryer introduces SMARTdri PLUS
- 2013- World Dryer launches VMax, a high-speed "hands-in" vertical hand dryer
- 2015- World Dryer introduces VERDEdri, an all-in-on high-speed hand dryer