World Telugu Conference
World Telugu Conference is a conference for furtherance of Telugu language. Literary luminaries attend and share their views on spreading and preserving the rich language and advocating Telugu language policy.
It was held for the first time in Hyderabad in 1975. It was the then Minister of Education, Mandali Venkata Krishna Rao instrumental in starting it. Eminent singer M. S. Ramarao made his debut at the conference. It was also attended by Sankarambadi Sundarachari, who penned the anthem Maa Telugu Thalliki, and the actor-singer Tanguturi Suryakumari.
The third Telugu conference was conducted in December 1990 in Mauritius.
There was another one held in Dubai.
- "Telugu conferences history". Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- B. Prabhakara Sarma (2012-12-06). "Cities / Hyderabad : World Telugu Conference: Then and now". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Campaign for world Telugu meet launched". Indiatribune.com. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Cities / Vijayawada : ‘Give wide publicity to World Telugu Conference’". The Hindu. 2012-11-26. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- V. Rishi Kumar. "Business Line : News / States : Tirupathi to host World Telugu Conference". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- TNN Dec 7, 2012, 12.41AM IST (2012-12-07). "World Telugu Conference venue to be shifted". The Times of India. Retrieved 2013-02-03.