Wuhan University School of Law
|Location||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
Wuhan University School of Law is the law school of Wuhan University in Wuhan, China. The School of Law was oft-referred as one of the "Four Famous Law Schools" in China, and one of the "four departments and five colleges," representing the highest level of legal education in China. According to a 2009 evaluation conducted by the Chinese Ministry of Education, Wuhan Law was ranked the 3rd among the law schools in China, tied with Peking University. Both its undergraduate and graduate programs are ranked the 3rd in China by Wu Shulian.
- In 1909, the law school was first established as the Wuchang University of Law.
- In 1926, the school was incorporated into Wuchang Zhongshan University, which later became National Wuhan University in 1928.
- In 1949, Hankou Law School, a private institution, merged with the law department.
- In 1958, Department of Law of Wuhan University was removed from the main campus and merged into Hubei University along with Zhongnan College of Finance, Zhongnan College of Law, and Zhongnan School of Politics and Law.
- In 1979, Wuhan University reestablished its law department.
- In 1986, Department of Law was renamed as School of Law.
- 132 faculty members and staff
- 49 professors
- 30 associate professors
- 48 Doctors mentors
- 132 faculty members and staff
- 2000+ graduate students
- 1000+ undergraduate students
- Degrees granting
Notable faculty and alumni
- Wang Shijie
- Zhou Gengsheng
- Han Depei
- Ma Kechang: one of the defense lawyers for Gang of Four after Cultural Revolution.
- Mei Ju-ao：one of the judges in Tokyo Trial.
- Wan Exiang: Vice President of the Supreme People's Court of China. He received his B.A degree from Wuhan University in 1980, LL.M. degree from Yale Law School in 1987 and LL.D. degree from Wuhan University School of Law in 1988. After graduation, he joined the faculty of Wuhan University. Wan was elected as the vice president of the Intermediate People's Court of Wuhan in 1996, vice president of the High People's Court of Hubei in 1999, and Vice President of the Supreme People's Court of China in 2000. He was elected as Vice President of the Revolutionary Committee of the Kuomintang in 2002.
- Huang Jin: President of China University of Political Science and Law. He received LL.D. from Wuhan University School of Law, and was the dean of Wuhan Law until he left.
- Karim Massimov: Prime Minister of Kazakhstan.
- World Directory of Law Schools. The Associations of American Law Schools
- "Legal Work in China". Top-Law-Schools.com. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
The four best known law programs at national universities are at Peking University, Jilin University, Wuhan University, and Renmin University.
- "我考武汉大学法学院之复试感受". Retrieved 01 16, 2012. Check date values in:
- "法硕考研生必读：中国法学专业和院校细评". Retrieved 01 16, 2012. Check date values in:
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2014-07-04. Rankings by disciplines
- 第二轮（2007-2009年 ）评估结果, see also 教育部学位中心2009年全国学科排名公布
- "挑大学 选专业---2011高考志愿填报指南". Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- "2011中国大学研究生院法学100强出炉". Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- "法律硕士院校武汉大学法学院简介". Retrieved 01 16, 2012. Check date values in:
- "历史与简介". Retrieved 01 12, 2012. Check date values in:
- "高等教育". Retrieved 01 13, 2012. Check date values in:
- "中南财经政法大学". Retrieved 01 12, 2012. Check date values in:
- "武汉大学法学教授马克昌：一生追求良知与善意". Retrieved 01 16, 2012. Check date values in:
- Wan Exiang's profile
- Asia-Pacific - Kazakh PM