From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Xizhi Station front
|Location||Xinyi Rd., No. 1
Xizhi, New Taipei
|Distance||13.1 km from Keelung|
|Classification||二等站 (Taiwan Railways Administration level)|
|Opened||October 20, 1891 (original)
April 9, 2006 (elevated station)
|Passengers||18,312 daily (2014)|
The station has two island platforms.
- October 20, 1891: The station opened as Tsui-tng-ka Pier (Chinese: 水返腳碼頭).
- 1920: (during Japanese rule) The name was changed to Shiodome Station (Japanese: 汐止駅? Hepburn: Shiodome-eki).
- 1945: The name was changed to the current "Xizhi Station".
- April 9, 2006: Following the construction of the elevated station, the new tracks and station came into service.
- August 1, 2008: The station begins accepting EasyCard as payment for travel
Around the station
|Preceding station||Taiwan Railway Administration||Following station|
|West Coast Line||
- "Volume of Passenger and Freight Traffic" (PDF). Taiwan Railway Administration. 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xizhi Station.|
|This Taiwanese rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|