August 6, 1929|
Cholon, French Indo-China
|Died||December 11, 2010
|Occupation||Translator, scholar, professor|
|Alma mater||Peking University|
|Period||1955 - 2005|
|Notable works||Snow Country
|Spouse||Tang Yuemei (m. 1956–2005)|
Ye Weiqu (simplified Chinese: 叶渭渠; traditional Chinese: 葉渭渠; pinyin: Yè Weìqú; 6 August 1929 - 11 December 2010) was a Chinese Vietnamese translator and scholar. Ye was a visiting professor at Waseda University, Gakushuin University and Ritsumeikan University.
In 1952, Ye went to Beijing from Hong Kong, he graduated from Peking University, majoring in Japanese at the Department of East Language and Literature. After graduation, he was appointed an editor to the People's Literature Publishing House and Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
In 1966, the Cultural Revolution was launched by Mao Zedong, Ye and his wife Tang Yuemei's whole collection of books was burned by the Red Guards, the couple were sent to the May Seventh Cadre Schools to work in Henan.
- The History of Japanese Culture (日本文化史)
- The History of Japanese Literature (日本文学史)
- Mono no aware and Tacit consciousness: Japanese Aesthetical Sense (物哀与幽玄——日本人的美意识)
- The Biography of Kawabata Yasunari (冷艳文士——川端康成传)
- The Biography of Jun'ichirō Tanizaki (谷崎润一郎传)
- Kanikosen (Takiji Kobayashi) (蟹工船)
- Snow Country (Yasunari Kawabata) (雪国)
- Thousand Cranes (Yasunari Kawabata) (千羽鹤)
- The Dancing Girl of Izu (Yasunari Kawabata) (伊豆的舞女)
- Chinese Translation Association - Competent Translator (2004)
- 叶渭渠 (1929～) . chinawriter.com.cn (in Chinese). 2012.
- "Ye Weiqu".
- 葉渭渠 . china.org.cn (in Japanese). 2008-07-21.
- 值得好好研究的叶渭渠先生 . Hexun.com (in Chinese). 2013-11-25.
- Ye Weiqu (2010-11-01). 《日本文化史》 (in Chinese). Beijing: Beijing Institute of Technology Press. ISBN 9787564038250.
- Ye Weiqu (2009-07-01). 《日本文学思潮史》 (in Chinese). Beijing: Peking University Press. ISBN 9787301153499.
- Ye Weiqu (2005-08-01). 《谷崎润一郎传》 (in Chinese). Beijing: New World Press. ISBN 9787801877017.
- Yasunari Kawabata (2013-08-14). 《雪国》 (in Chinese). Translated by Ye Weiqu. Nanhai Publishing House. ISBN 9787544265591.
- Yasunari Kawabata (2010-08-01). 《伊豆的舞女》 (in Chinese). Translated by Ye Weiqu. Nanhai Publishing House. ISBN 9787544248679.
- 叶渭渠、唐月梅 最美学者伉俪 . china.com.cn (in Chinese). 2010-12-17.