This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
13 March 1978 |
Yehia Dessouki (Arabic: يحيى دسوقى; born 13 March 1978) is an Egyptian painter and visual artist making contemporary art using diverse kinds of media both traditional and digital. He is also an architect, who graduated from the faculty of fine-arts, architecture department, of Helwan University. He has participated in many group exhibitions showing several art works featuring different themes, such as: Architecture of Old Islamic Cairo - Still Life - Lanterns of Ramadan Fawanees - Circus, and later on he made his first solo exhibition about “Joy of Roses” including soft pastel sketches and also oil paintings.
Being raised among an artistic family was an early dominant influence on his art life. His father is the famous Batik artist Ali Dessouki and his mother was an art critic and lawyer. More influence came along with his summer study trip to Italy (Società Dante Alighieri), giving him a golden chance to visit art museums in Rome, Milan, Florence and Pisa and most importantly, visiting Venice Biennial of Plastic Arts.
Thanks to his passion for digital graphics, he made some diverse experimental digital art works specially in digital painting showing an innovative art theme which mixes between Marionettes of theater and Arabic calligraphy.One of those digital-paintings was the first digital painting art work ever to be published on the cover of a formal Egyptian newspaper Akhbar Al-Adab, which is a famous weekly Egyptian newspaper read by Egyptian cultural elite.
- Born in Cairo on 13 March 1978.
- He has graduated from the faculty of Fine-Arts, Architecture department, Helwan university followed by Pre-master's degree studies, Faculty of Fine-Arts 2002.
- Member of “ Engineers ” syndicate in Egypt.
- Member of “ Plastic artists ” syndicate in Egypt.
- Member of Art Society “Ghouri artists”.
- Member of the art-group “El Lakta El Wahda".
- Local Exhibitions
- Group exhibitions including yearly college student exhibits, Pioneers society “al talae3” and private galleries’ exhibitions in gallery Shomoa, Cairo Opera house gallery, gallery Salama, gallery Picasso, gallery Droob, gallery Saqiet el Sawy and finally gallery of Egyptian Artists’ syndicate.
- Seven group-exhibitions with members of the art society “Ghouri Artists”.
- Five group-exhibitions with the art-group “El Lakta El Wahda“ .
- Solo Shows
- Joy of roses at gallery Cordoba on 8 March 2009, Cairo, Egypt.
- National awards
- First Prize in " Drawing " from Society of Art-lovers, headed by famous pioneer artist Salah Taher.
- International awards
- State collections
- Egyptian Museum of Modern Art “Ministry of Culture’s Acquisition”.
- Private Collections
- Special groups of persons in Egypt and abroad
- Picasso Gallery
- Grant Gallery
- Droub Gallery
- Salama Gallery
Important works of art in the life of the artist
- “Ancient Islamic Cairo” Ink drawings
- “Still-life” oil painting
- “Joy of Roses” soft-pastel
- “Marionettes of Theater & Arabic Calligraphy” Digital Painting
- Al-Arabi Magazine by Kuwait
- Islamic Cairo
- Contemporary art
- Società Dante Alighieri
- Cairo Opera House
- Akhbar el-Adab
- Ezz El Din Naguib 2009, p. 5.
- Rania El Damasy 2009, p 12.
- Society of Art-lovers
- Faculty of Fine Arts – Helwan University
- Egyptian syndicate of plastic artists
- Egyptian syndicate of engineers
- Egyptian Museum of Modern Art
- Cairo Opera House
- Wikalet Al ghoury
- Picasso art gallery Egypt
- Akhbar el adab newspaper
- Al Ahram newspaper
- Al-Arabi Magazine in Kuwait
- Ezz El Din Naguib (2009) Al Hewar Al Jadeed’ Newspaper - 1 May 2009" – issue No. 2.
- Rania El Damasy (2009) Al Ahram Newspaper - 19 March 2009 – issue No. 44663.
- Ali Dessouki : Batik artist.
- Yehia Dessouki ‘ Fan Page
- Book “Yehia Dessouki .. a visual-artist at mid-road of art “
- Article about paintings of Yehia Dessouki featuring his exhibition “Joy of Roses” published in “ aljarida” newspaper
- Article about paintings of Yehia Dessouki featuring his exhibition “Joy of Roses” published in “alomah” newspaper
- Article about paintings of Yehia Dessouki featuring his exhibition “Joy of Roses” published in “lahona” women’s magazine