|• Total||10.90 km2 (4.21 sq mi)|
|Elevation||205 m (673 ft)|
|• Density||3,200/km2 (8,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TS 04, AP 20, TS 28|
As of 2011[update] census of India, Yellandu municipality had a population of 33,732. While, its urban agglomeration had a population of 35,056, of which males are 17,016 and females are 18,040. The population under 6 years of age are 3,184. There are a total of 25,192 literates.
Government and politics
Yellandu Municipality was constituted in 1986 and is classified as a third grade municipality with 24 election wards. The jurisdiction of the civic body is spread over an area of 10.09 km2 (3.90 sq mi). Rompaid and Sudimalla are the partial outgrowths to the town as per 2011 census.
Yellandu is a part of Yellandu (ST) (Assembly constituency) for Telangana Legislative Assembly. Banoth Haripriya is the present MLA of the constituency from Indian National Congress. It is also a part of Mahabubabad (Lok Sabha constituency) which was won by Sitaram Naik of Telangana Rashtra Samithi.
- "Urban Local Body Information" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Telangana. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "Population". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- "District Administration – Formation/Reorganization of District, Revenue Divisions and Mandals in Badradri District at Kothagudem – Final Notification - Orders – Issued" (PDF). Bhadradri Kothagudem District. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "redirect to /world/IN/02/Yellandu.html". fallingrain.com.
- "District Census Handbook – East Godavari" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 14–15. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Members of the Legislative Assembly". AP State Portal. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "MP (Lok Sabha)". Government of AP. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). Election Commission of India. p. 15,30. Retrieved 11 October 2014.