Bhadradri Kothagudem district
Location of Bhadradri-Kothagudem district in Telangana
|• District collector||Rajat Kumar Saini|
|• Total||7,483 km2 (2,889 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (370/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
Bhadradri Kothagudem district is a district in the eastern region of the Indian state of Telangana. The town of Kothagudem is the district headquarters. It was a part of the Khammam district prior to the re-organisation of districts in the state.
The district comprises 24 mandals and 2 revenue divisions Kothagudem and Bhadrachalam. The district headquarters is located at Kothagudem town.
Kothagudem district boasts of some major industries. The district is endowed with a variety of important minerals such as Coal. The Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL), a Government coal mining company jointly owned by the Government of Telangana and Government of India, has its headquarters in Kothagudem. SCCL is currently operating 16 opencast and 30 underground mines in 4 districts of Telangana with a manpower around 58,837. Kothagudem Thermal Power Station,which located in Paloncha is one of the coal based power plants of Telangana Power Generation Corporation Limited (TSGENCO) , ITC- Paperboards and Specialty Papers Division (ITC-PSPD) which is amongst the leading names in the business worldwide is located at Sarapaka village near Bhadrachalam. Kothagudem district is also rich in forest reserves.
List of Companies
2. KTPS – TSGENCO
5. Heavy Water Plant
6. Nava Bharath Ventures
7. AP STEEL – Closed
Bhadradri Kothagudem is the eastern most district of Telangana and is spread over an area of 7,483 square kilometres (2,889 sq mi). The district is bounded on the north and north east by Bijapur and Sukma districts of Chhattisgarh state, on east by East Godavari district, on south and south east by Khammam district and West Godavari district, on west by Mahabubabad district and on north west by Jayashankar district.
Kothagudem district is containing 5 constituencies.
1. Kothagudem Assembly constituency is a constituency of Telangana Legislative Assembly, India. It is one of constituencies in Kothagudem district. It includes the towns of Kothagudem and Palavancha and part of Khammam Lok Sabha constituency.
Vanama Venkateswara rao of INC is representing the constituency for the 4th time.
2. Aswaraopeta Assembly constituency is a ST reserved constituency of Telangana Legislative Assembly, India. It is one of 10 constituencies in Kothagudem district. It is part of Khammam Lok Sabha constituency.
Mecha Nageshwararao is representing the constituency.
3. Bhadrachalam Assembly constituency is a ST reserved constituency of Telangana Legislative Assembly, India. It includes the temple town of Bhadrachalam. It is one among 5 constituencies in Kothagudem district. It is part of Mahabubabad Lok Sabha constituency.
Sunnam Rajaiah, the Floor Leader of CPM in Telangana Legislative Assembly is representing the constituency.
4. Yellandu Assembly constituency is a Scheduled Tribe reserved constituency of Telangana Legislative Assembly, India. It is one among 5 constituencies in Kothagudem district. It is part of Mahabubabad Lok Sabha constituency.
Currently the constituency is held by Banothu Haripriya.
5. Pinapaka Assembly constituency is a ST reserved constituency of Telangana Legislative Assembly, India. It is one of 5 constituencies in Kothagudem district. It is part of Mahabubabad Lok Sabha constituency.
Rega Kantharao, in Telangana Legislative Assembly is representing the constituency.
The below table categorizes mandals into their respective revenue divisions in the district:
|#||Kothagudem revenue division||#||Bhadrachalam revenue division|
- "Telangana New Districts Names 2016 Pdf TS 31 Districts List". Timesalert.com. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Names of 6 new districts changed". The Hindu. 22 October 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Bhadradri-Kothagudem district" (PDF). Official website of Medchal district. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Revenue divisions and mandals in Bhadradri Kothagudem district" (PDF). The official website of Bhadradri Kothagudem District. p. 3. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "K Chandrasekhar Rao appoints collectors for new districts". Deccan Chronicle. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.