12.5  / 13 November 2019
|License||Free and Premium versions|
Yoast SEO was originally named WordPress SEO and was developed as a WordPress plug-in in 2010 by Joost de Valk while he continued his full-time role as SEO consultant. In 2012, the plug-in was renamed Yoast SEO. In 2012, a premium version of the plug-in was launched.
Yoast SEO can trace its origins to 2005 when Joost de Valk launched a website named "joostdevalk.nl". After moving to and eventually selling the domain "css3.info", de Valk created the Yoast platform in 2009, launched the first version of WordPress SEO in 2010 and founded the company Yoast BV in 2010.
Initially, Yoast focused on SEO consultancy and developed both the Yoast SEO plugin and a Google Analytics plugin, both for WordPress. In 2012, a premium version of Yoast SEO was launched. In April 2016, Yoast BV sold the Google Analytics for WordPress plugin..
Yoast has received praise for its extensive applications in SEO, both within and beyond its ubiquity as a WordPress plug-in, and for its accessibility as a freemium model. The software runs on more than 9 million sites and on 11.4% of the top 1 million sites in the world. On WordPress alone, it has amassed over five million downloads. Its software was rated "5 out of 5" by Syed Moiz Balkhi, founder of WPBeginner, a blog for new users to the WordPress platform. In addition, it's been described as one of the most powerful applications available to WordPress users by the Editor-in-chief of The Garage. Michael David, the author of WordPress Search Engine Optimization (2015) book, referred to it as "the granddaddy of all SEO plugins".
- Daisyme, Peter (May 27, 2016). ""20 Crucial WordPress Plugins"". Entrepreneur. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- "Yoast SEO - WordPress plugin". Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- Lotze, Kristen (October 9, 2018). "The best WordPress plugins: A guide for businesses". TechRepublic. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- WordPress Plugin advanced view
- Yoast: About Us
- Dunlop, Michael. "How Joost de Valk became a successful internet entrepreneur". incomediary.com. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- "Joost de Valk, founder of Yoast, shares his success story". First Web Designer. March 15, 2016. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- Eisenberg, Bryan (October 7, 2014). "37 SEO Experts Those in the Know Follow". ClickZ. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- "History of Yoast".
- Chandler, Jeff (April 14, 2016). "Syed Balkhi Acquires Google Analytics by Yoast, Renames to MonsterInsights". WP Tavern.
- "Internetbedrijf Yoast neemt Wijchens plein over". September 2018.
- Jackson, Brian (January 25, 2019). "How To Use Yoast SEO On WordPress: Complete Tutorial". Kinsta.
- Johansen, Arlie (October 6, 2016). "What is Yoast SEO?". Union Square Design.
- "Yoast Plugin Usage Statistics". BuiltWith. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "Is Yoast SEO really the ultimate SEO plugin?". Elegant Themes. November 11, 2015.
- Warren, Christina (February 17, 2011). "How the WordPress SEO Plugin Can Help Your Blog". Mashable.
- Balkhi, Syed. "WordPress SEO by Yoast". WPBeginner.
- Pfunder, Shawn (June 5, 2014). "Identify yourself! Yoast and WordPress SEO". GoDaddy.
- David, Michael (2015). WordPress Search Engine Optimization. Packt Publishing Ltd. p. 264. ISBN 978-1-78588-764-2 – via Google Books.