He was born in Athens in 1971. He has worked for Greek television stations covering news stories in Greece and major events around the world. He has also worked as a war correspondent in the wars in Bosnia, Croatia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo and Palestine. In 2000, he created the documentary series "Exandas" (meaning sextant) which has won many awards in film festivals and documentary festivals in Greece and around the world and is currently broadcast on Greek public television.
His documentary Agora deals with the Greek financial crisis. Political actors and everyday people are interviewed on the social effects of austerity. 
- Συντελεστές - Γιώργος Αυγερόπουλος. www.exandasdocumentaries.com (in Greek). Archived from the original on October 7, 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- Avgeropoulos, Yorgos (3 July 2015). "Agora: The Greek financial crisis From democracy to the market - we examine the devastating impact of the Greek financial crisis on ordinary citizens". Al Jazeera (in English and Greek). Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- Yorgos Avgeropoulos on IMDb
- New Exandas website (in Greek)
- Exandas website (in Greek)
- Exandas on YouTube
- Small Planet documentary production company
|This article about a Greek journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Greek television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|