|Studio album by Rebbie Jackson|
|Released||March 31, 1998|
|Rebbie Jackson chronology|
|Singles from Yours Faithfully|
Yours Faithfully is the fourth and latest studio album to date by American R&B singer Rebbie Jackson.
After ten years of inactivity, Jackson signed to MJJ Music, a label operated by her brother Michael. She received a major boost from Michael, who assisted in the production of the album, and provided backing vocals on the track "Fly Away", which Michael had previously recorded for himself in 1987 for his album Bad, but it did not make the final track listing. The album had a plethora of producers including Eliot Kennedy, Bryan Loren, Keith Thomas, Antonina Armato and brother Michael Jackson, among others.
Singles and re-release of Centipede
Jackson's 1984 single "Centipede" also appeared on the album in its original extended version, as well as the singles "Yours Faithfully" and "You Take Me Places". The title track peaked at number seventy-six on the Billboard R&B chart. The album also includes "I Don't Want To Lose You", a duet with R&B group Men of Vizion, whom were also signed to the same label.
"Baby, I'm In Heaven" was originally co-written and performed by R&B singer Trey Lorenz on his 1992 eponymous debut album. It was later to be recorded by Tejano star Selena who was murdered at the age of 23 on March 31, 1995.
"Koo Koo" was covered in 1998 by female R&B group N-TYCE.
The album was generally favourable.
|“||After ten years of inactivity, Rebbie Jackson returned to recording in 1998 with Yours Faithfully. She received a major boost from her brother Michael, who signed her to his MJJ subsidiary and sang and co-produced "Fly Away," one of the highlights on the album. Rebbie has never had a terrific voice, but she has surrounded herself with talented producers who help make Yours Faithfully one of the strongest albums in her catalog. Only a handful of songs — such as the seductive title track, the house-flavored "Once in a Lifetime Love," and the cover of the Spinners' "I Don't Want to Lose You" — really take root, but the filler is well-produced and pleasant, making the record a surprisingly enjoyable comeback effort.||”|
- "What You Need" (Bryan Loren) – 4:30
- "Play Your Game" (Bryan Loren) – 4:41
- "Yours Faithfully" (Eliot Kennedy, Pam Sheyne) – 3:51
- "Get Back to You" (Ian Green, Michelle Lewis) – 4:00
- "I Don't Want to Lose You" (duet with Men of Vizion) (Linda Creed, Thom Bell) – 4:36
- "Fly Away" (Michael Jackson) – 4:45
- "You Take Me Places" (Gary Taylor) – 4:48
- "Once in a Lifetime Love" (Deborah Cooper, Butch Jackson, James Preston, David Shaw) – 4:05
- "Baby, I'm in Heaven" (Keith Thomas, Trey Lorenz) – 4:33
- "Koo Koo" (Antonina Armato, David Frank) – 4:16
- "Centipede" (Michael Jackson) – 5:55