Zack O'Malley Greenburg
Zack O'Malley Greenburg (born March 8, 1985, New York City) is an American writer, journalist and former child-actor. He is a senior editor at Forbes magazine, where he covers music, media and entertainment. He is also the author of three books: 3 Kings: Diddy, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z and Hip-Hop's Multibillion-Dollar Rise (Little, Brown, 2018); Michael Jackson, Inc.: The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of a Billion-Dollar Empire (Atria/Simon & Schuster, 2014); and Empire State of Mind (book): How Jay-Z Went From Street Corner to Corner Office (Penguin/Portfolio, 2011). He played Lorenzo Odone in the 1992 film Lorenzo's Oil.
Greenburg's first writing job was reviewing video games at Boys' Life Magazine at the age of 14. While at Yale, he wrote extensively for the Yale Daily News as a varsity baseball beat reporter, sports columnist and scene (arts and living) writer. A feature he authored on a varsity outfielder who had returned to the field after nearly dying in a car crash won him an award his senior year.
He has written more than 1,000 articles for Forbes, Forbes Asia and Forbes.com. He has profiled such influential figures as Ashton Kutcher, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Diddy, 50 Cent, Toby Keith, Kendrick Lamar, Steve Wozniak, Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Dr. Ruth and Richard Branson, among others.
He has written for The Washington Post, The Huffington Post, and other news outlets. He has also served as an expert source for CNBC, BBC, Bloomberg, Reuters, NPR, and other print, web, radio and video outlets.
Both of Greenburg's parents are authors: his father, Dan Greenburg, authored the series The Zack Files and his mother, Suzanne O'Malley, is a former television writer (Law & Order) and the author of a book on Andrea Yates.
A former child actor, Zack played the title role in the film Lorenzo's Oil, alongside Nick Nolte and Susan Sarandon. He moved from New York to Hastings-on-Hudson, New York and graduated from Hastings High School in 2003. Greenburg graduated from Yale College with a degree in American Studies and a concentration in Urban Studies, and started writing for Forbes magazine in 2007.
Books by Zack O'Malley Greenburg
- 3 Kings: Diddy, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z and Hip-Hop's Multibillion-Dollar Rise. 2018. ISBN 978-1478911784.
- Michael Jackson, Inc.: The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of a Billion-Dollar Empire. 2014. ISBN 978-1476705965.
- Empire State of Mind (book): How Jay-Z Went From Street Corner to Corner Office. 2011. ISBN 978-1591845409.
- "Profile". Forbes. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- 3 Kings.
- SCHULTZ, JONATHAN (March 17, 2011). "What happened to the Jay-Z jeep?". The New York Times. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- "Greenburg beats odds to lead the Elis", yaledailynews.com; accessed February 2, 2017.
- "Eight And A Half X"
- "America's Pop Export"
- "Bruno Mars Reveals Inspiration Behind Billionaire"
- "Diddy at SXSW"
- O'Malley Greenburg, Zack (June 15, 2008). "Lorenzo's Oil – And Lorenzo's courage". Washington Post.
-  Yale Alumni Directory
- Zack O'Malley Greenburg official website, zogreenburg.com; accessed February 2, 2017.
- "IMDb profile". IMDB.
- "Zack O'Malley Greenburg: Forbes archive"
- Zack O'Malley Greenburg profile, Goodreads.com; accessed February 2, 2017.