||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The company was founded by Anthony Rose, the ex-CTO of the BBC iPlayer, and Ernesto Schmitt, ex-Board Director of EMI Music. Film Director Simon Miller, Max Bleyleben, and Alex Nunes are also in the founding team.
In January 2012, BSkyB bought a stake in Zeebox and announced plans to integrate the software with its offering. In September 2012, Zeebox announced expansion into the US with a commercial partnership with Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, Viacom and HBO. Comcast, NBCU and Viacom also took minority equity stakes for undisclosed sums. In November 2012, zeebox launched a joint venture in Australia with Network Ten and Foxtel.,
In October 2015, Beamly was acquired by COTY.
Zeebox has won the following awards:
- "App of the year" at the T3 Gadget Awards, 2012
- "The companion screen prize" at the Connected TV Awards, 2012
- "Overall Winner" at the Connected TV Awards, 2012
- Netexplo award winner 2012
- "Most Innovative Design Or User Interface" 1TVT Awards 2012
- "Best iPad app of 2012" Mashable, 2012
- Number 5 in the top 50 best iPhone apps, Time, 2013
- "Best Social Mobile or Apps startup" The Europas, 2013
- "Lovie Award Winner / Entertainment: Tablet" The Lovie Awards, 2013
In 2012, Zeebox was named amongst the Startups 100.
- "Why Coty bought social content agency Beamly".
- Robert Andrews. "Revealed: How Anthony Rose Plans To Revolutionise TV".
- John Moulding. "Anthony Rose reveals some details of his new project tBone".
- "Zeebox strikes major investment deal with Sky".
- Andrews, Robert (27 September 2012). "NBCU, Comcast buy in to Zeebox". paidContent. Archived from the original on 1 October 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Foxtel signs Zeebox deal in second screen first". Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- Smith, Paul (11 July 2012). "Ten brings Zeebox social TV to Australia". The Australian Financial Review. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "COTY Announces Acquisition of Leading Global Digital Marketing Platform Beamly". Coty. October 18, 2015.
- "Startups 100 2012 - zeebox". Archived from the original on 8 July 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- Richard Kastelein. "So Shall TV Be Disrupted? Or Democratised? Or is That the Same Thing?".
|This article about a social networking service is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|