|Elevation||449 ft (137 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||692337|
Zero is an unincorporated community located in central Lauderdale County, Mississippi, United States, located approximately 5.5 miles (8.9 km) southeast of Meridian near U.S. Route 45 and is part of Meridian, Mississippi Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Zero was first known as "Pleasant Hill", and settlers were noted there as early as 1841.
In 1900, Zero had a population of 50. Zero's post office was discontinued in 1905.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Zero
- Putnam, Richelle (2011). Lauderdale County, Mississippi: A Brief History. History Press. p. 27.
- Rowland, Dunbar (1907). Mississippi: Comprising Sketches of Counties, Towns, Events, Institutions, and Persons, Arranged in Cyclopedic Form. 2. Southern Historical Publishing Association. p. 1024.
- "Long Creek Volunteer Fire Department". Fire Fighting News. Retrieved December 2014. Check date values in:
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Long Creek Recreation Center
|This Mississippi location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|