Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories
|Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories|
Cover of the cancelled PlayStation 3 iteration of the game
Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories, known in Japan as Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 Plus: Summer Memories,[a] is an upcoming action-adventure game developed and published by Granzella Inc. It is the fourth entry in Disaster Report series.
The goal is to escape the destroyed city, finding safe paths through collapsing buildings and dealing with panicked and fleeing people.
The game was to feature over 60 characters, the largest in series history. The player would have had to work with these people to escape.
There are a few new features Irem highlights for Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4:
- The player can enter collapsed buildings, within which the player will find survivors and additional escape routes.
- The player will find new items, including crutches for when the main character's legs are injured.
- The game has a new "cleanliness" parameter for the character. If the character gets too dirty, stress will rise.
- The player can use the toilet to increase the main character's cleanliness parameter.
The player is free to customize the main character. At the start of the game, the player can set the main character's gender, face style, and hair style. Over 100 clothing items, including suits and casual outfits can be earned as the player works through the game.
The game takes place in a big city in the year 201X. It's July, the heart of summer, and the main character is visiting the city for a job interview. The city is suddenly hit with a major earthquake.
The game was originally being developed and published by Irem exclusively for the PlayStation 3, it would have supported 3D output and PlayStation Move. Initially, the game was planned for release on March 10, 2011, a day before the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, but was pushed back to a Spring time frame. Chief producer, Kazuma Kujo said the reason for the delay was because the game could not be completed in time. The game was officially cancelled on March 14, 2011.
In December 2014, Kujo revealed that his new company, Granzella, had acquired the intellectual property of the Disaster Report series; they planned to formally announce the game in Q3/Q4 2015. The new game was eventually announced in November 2015 with the title Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 Plus: Summer Memories. It is being developed exclusively for PlayStation 4. Kujo has also stated the re-branded title started development from scratch. A Playstation VR demo was planned to be released in January 2017 but was postponed to be released after February 2017. A non-public VR Demo was shown to a Japanese video game magazine in December 2016 and produced quite positive reactions from the testers.
- Anoop Gantayat (September 1, 2010). "Irem Unveils Disaster Report for PS3". Andriasang. Retrieved November 10, 2010.
- Anoop Gantayat (February 11, 2011). "Disaster Report 4 Pushed Back to Spring". Andriasang. Retrieved March 14, 2011.
- Alexander, Leigh (March 14, 2011). "Disaster Report 4 Cancelled In Wake Of Japan Earthquake Tragedy". Gamasutra. Retrieved March 14, 2011.
- Romano, Sal (December 22, 2014). "Granzella acquires Disaster Report copyright, latest entry planned for fall 2015". Gematsu. Retrieved July 31, 2015.
- McWhertor, Michael (July 28, 2015). "Survival game Disaster Report is coming back, here's our first look". Polygon. Retrieved July 31, 2015.