|No. of offices||18|
|No. of lawyers||Over 1,700|
|Major practice areas||Full-service|
|Key people||Anthony Zhao (Managing Partner)|
|Date founded||1993 (Beijing)|
Zhong Lun Law Firm (Chinese: 中伦律师事务所; pinyin: Zhōnglún Lǜshī Shìwùsuǒ) is a multinational law firm headquartered in Beijing, China. It was founded in 1993 as one of the first private law firms approved by the Ministry of Justice of the People's Republic of China.
Zhong Lun Law Firm currently has domestic offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Wuhan, Chongqing, Qingdao, Hangzhou, Nanjing and Haikou, and international offices in London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Almaty.
Zhong Lun Law Firm was founded in Beijing in 1993 as a private partnership. In 1996, it merged with the Beijing-based law firm Jintong and changed its name to Zhonglun Jintong. In 2003, a group of Zhonglun Jintong partners left to set up a new firm named Zhonglun W&D. Zhonglun Jintong rebranded itself as Zhong Lun in 2008.
Zhong Lun's office in Wuhan was opened in January 2010. Zhong Lun's office in Hong Kong was opened in February 2010, in an association with the Hong Kong-based law firm Roger Ho & Co. In 2011 Zhong Lun's Hong Kong office merged with the Hong Kong-based law firm Boughton Peterson Yang Anderson. Zhong Lun's opened an office in London in February 2012 following the recruitment of the entire London staff of Zhonglun W&D.
On June 19, 2014, Zhong Lun was awarded the Gold Award as the “Best Chinese Law Firm” by the International Legal Alliance Summit & Awards (ILASA).
On September 22, 2016, China Law & Practice awarded to Zhong Lun its Grand Prize: China Firm of the Year.
Main practice areas
Zhong Lun's main practice areas include:
- Real Estate;
- Capital Markets/Securities;
- Private Equity & Investment Funds
- Corporate/Foreign Direct Investment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Banking and Finance
- Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Construction & Infrastructure
- WTO/International Trade
- Overseas Investments
- Labor and Employment
- Taxation & Wealth Management
- Securitization & Financial Products
- Bankruptcy & Reorganization
- Technology, Media and Telecoms and Entertainment
- Environmental, Energy and Natural Resources
- "Offices". Zhong Lun Law Firm. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "China's Top Private Law Firm Zhong Lun Establishes New York Office to Celebrate 20th Anniversary". Yahoo Finance. 23 April 2013. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Overview". Zhong Lun Law Firm. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- "China's Zhong Lun swoops on rival for City launch". The Lawyer. 13 February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- "Zhong Lun partnership undergoes exponential growth". Australasian Legal Business. 19 March 2010. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- "Zhong Lun opens Hong Kong office". Australasian Legal Business. 20 January 2010. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- "New York Office Announcement". Zhong Lun Law Firm. 26 April 2013. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- "Chambers Asia Pacific Awards for Excellence 2014". Chambers & Partners. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Zhong Lun Awarded "Best Chinese Law Firm" by International Legal Alliance Summit & Awards (ILASA)". Zhong Lun Law Firm. 24 June 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "The China Law & Practice Awards 2016 Fetes the Industry's Finest". China Law & Practice. Retrieved 9 December 2016.
- "Practice Areas". Zhong Lun Law Firm. Retrieved 8 March 2014.