Zhongxiao Fuxing Station
Line 5 platform during rush hour
|Location||No. 47, Sec. 4, Zhongxiao East Rd.
|Opened||March 28, 1996|
|Passengers||100,928 daily (2016)
(Ranked 4th of 109)
|Zhongxiao Fuxing Station|
The Taipei Metro Zhongxiao Fuxing Station is located in the Da'an District in Taipei, Taiwan. It is a transfer station for Line 1 and Line 5). It has a daily ridership of 100,852 passengers in June 2014, making it the fourth busiest station on the network, behind Taipei Main Station, Ximen and Taipei City Hall.
The station is a two-level underground station elevated structure: two levels are underground and connect to Line 5 platform while four levels are above ground and connect to Line 1 platforms. The station is a three-level, has two side platforms, one island platform, and five exits. Line 1 platforms are equipped with platform screen doors and Line 5 platforms are equipped with automatic platform gates. Washrooms are located inside and outside the paid area of the station.
The station is situated at the intersection of Zhongxiao East Road and Fuxing South Road. The station features four long escalators directly connecting the B3 concourse level with the third-floor platforms. It can be very crowded during rush hour due to its status as a major transfer station between two lines.
Exit 2 is integrated with the Pacific SOGO Department Store (Fuxing Branch) as part of a joint development project. It is the first business-oriented building based on a Taipei Metro joint development project. In 2010, the station was awarded a "Superior" award at the 8th Golden Thumb Awards (sponsored by the Executive Yuan) for the joint development project.
- March 28, 1996: Opened for service along with the opening of Line 1.
- December 24, 1999: Became a major transfer station with the opening of the segment from Taipei City Hall to Longshan Temple of Line 5.
- November 10, 2004: The connection between Exit 4 and Pacific SOGO Department Store Zhongxiao Branch opened.
- June 19, 2006: The main connecting escalators gave off thick smoke, resulting in many trains bypassing the station.
- December 1, 2006: Automatic platform gates were installed on the Line 5 platform.
|3F||Concourse||Lobby, information desk, automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates, restrooms
Entrance to SOGO Department Store Fuxing Branch
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Platform 1||← Line 1 toward Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center (Nanjing Fuxing)|
|Platform 2||→ Line 1 toward Taipei Zoo (Daan) →|
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|2F||Mezzanine||Transitlink floor for stairs and escalators|
|B1||Concourse||Lobby, information desk, automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates
Entrance to SOGO Department Store Zhongxiao and Fuxing Branches and East Metro Mall
Restrooms (Inside fare zone, west of the station)
|B2||Platform 1||← Line 5 toward Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center (Zhongxiao Dunhua)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 2||→ Line 5 toward Dingpu/ Far Eastern Hospital (Zhongxiao Xinsheng) →|
- Exit 1: Intersection of Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 3 and Andong St.
- Exit 2: Intersection of Zhongxiao E. Sec. 3, Sec. 4 and Fuxing S. Rd. Sec. 1
- Exit 3: Intersection of Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4 and Daan Rd. Sec. 1
- Exit 4: Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4
- Exit 5: Fuxing S. Rd. Sec. 1
Around the station
- SOGO Mall (Zhongxiao Branch - Exit 4, Fuxing Branch - Exit 2)
- Breeze Center - Exit 5
- Howard Plaza Hotel - Exit 2
- Taipei City Hospital (Renai Branch)
- Shiatzy Chen (Daan Store)
- Huaisheng Elementary School
- Huaisheng Junior High School
- Republic of China Air Force Headquarter
- Central Clinic Hospital
- East Metro Mall (connects directly to the station, toward Zhongxiao Dunhua)
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
toward Taipei Zoo
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zhongxiao Fuxing Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Route Map: Zhongxiao Fuxing". Archived from the original on August 7, 2010.
- 台北市政府交通局 首頁 > 業務資訊 > 統計資訊 > 交通統計月報 > 當期交通統計月報（另開視窗下載）
- "First working day sees overcrowding on Taiwan MRT Neihu Line". Taiwan News. 2009-07-06. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- "Pacific Sogo opens 11-story Fuxing outlet". Taipei Times. 2006-12-30. Retrieved 2010-06-16.
- "Zhongxiao Fuxing Station Location Map". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Archived from the original on March 6, 2012. Retrieved 2010-06-16.
- "工程線上 Status Report: 忠孝復興站聯合開發大樓委託投資經營". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2007-03-01. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "Zhongxiao Fuxing Station JD Project Wins 2010 Golden Thumb Award". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2010-11-22. Retrieved 2010-12-01.