This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Series||Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Power Rangers Zeo
Power Rangers Turbo
Power Rangers in Space
|First appearance||"Day of the Dumpster"
(Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)
|Last appearance||"Countdown to Destruction, Part 2"
(Power Rangers in Space)
|Portrayed by||David Fielding (voice)
Robert L. Manahan (voice)
Nicholas Bell (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie)
Bryan Cranston (2017 film)
Zordon is a fictional character from the Power Rangers franchise who serves as the Rangers' mentor. Zordon first appeared on the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and appeared in subsequent seasons until the conclusion of Power Rangers in Space.
Ten thousand years ago, Zordon clashes with his nemesis, Rita Repulsa, on Earth. During their final battle, Rita traps Zordon in a time warp, while Zordon seals Rita and her minions away in a "dumpster" on the Moon. After the battle ends, Zordon, with the aid of his robot assistant, Alpha 5, creates a Command Center in the California desert outside the city of Angel Grove. He then creates the Power Morphers, the Power Coins, and the Dinozords. When Rita Repulsa is released from the dumpster, Zordon recruits five teenagers from Angel Grove – Jason Lee Scott, Zack Taylor, Kimberly Hart, Trini Kwan, and Billy Cranston – to become the Power Rangers, giving them the Power Morphers, the Power Coins, and the Dinozords to battle Rita.
Zordon continues to mentor the Power Rangers over several years, creating the Zeo and Turbo powers to combat the threats of the Machine Empire and Divatox. Over time, Zordon upgrades their Command Center, first into the Power Chamber and then into the Turbo Chamber.
After some time had passed, Zordon and Alpha leave Earth for Eltar, leaving the Turbo Rangers under the mentorship of Dimitria and her assistant, Alpha 6, but return a short while later to attend the transfer of the Turbo powers.
Months after his departure, Zordon is captured by Dark Specter, who slowly drains him of his powers. Soon afterwards, Dark Specter launches his conquest of the universe and moves Zordon to the Dark Fortress, Astronema's base. After Dark Specter is killed by Darkonda, Andros, the Red Space Ranger, travels to the Dark Fortress and finds Zordon. Zordon convinces Andros to shatter his energy tube, allowing his good energy to destroy the forces of evil. Zordon's death creates an energy wave that travels throughout the universe, turning Lord Zedd, Rita, and Divatox into humans, Astronema into her former self (Karone), and the other villains into sand.
In other media
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
In the 1995 Power Rangers film, Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa free Ivan Ooze, who destroys the Command Center and Zordon's energy tube. Zordon is left on the verge of death. With Zordon dying, the Rangers travel to Phaedos in order to obtain the Great Power needed to revive him. After achieving their goal on Phaedos with the help of Dulcea, the Rangers return to Earth and defeat Ivan Ooze. Having succeeded, they return to the Command Center to find Zordon has died. The Rangers then use the Great Power to repair the Command Center and bring Zordon back to life.
Power Rangers (film)
- Terrace, Vincent (2002). Crime Fighting Heroes of Television: Over 10,000 Facts from 151 Shows, 1949-2001. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland. p. 121. ISBN 0786484454. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Beth Hannan (1993-12-29). "Hip Hop Kido | From Power Bow to Hip-Hop-Kido - Baltimore Sun". Articles.baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 2013-11-13.
- Thomas, Kevin (1995-06-30). "A Dazzling Leap From TV to Big Screen for 'Rangers'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- Viscardi, James (June 21, 2016). "Power Rangers: Bryan Cranston Cast As Zordon". Comicbook.com. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- Nolfi, Joey (June 29, 2016). "Power Rangers: Bryan Cranston teases Zordon character details". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 28, 2016.
- Crossan, Ashley (June 27, 2016). "EXCLUSIVE: Bryan Cranston Reveals More Details About Zordon in the ‘Power Rangers’ Reboot". Entertainment Tonight.