Zsolt Bodoni holds a MFA from the Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts.
Zsolt Bodoni has had solo exhibitions in New York, Los Angeles, London, Brussels, and Budapest. His first solo show in the United States (Los Angeles), Yesterday’s Heroes, Tomorrow’s Fools was reviewed by Art in America.
Zsolt Bodoni paints on canvas with oil and acrylic. His works are gloomy and offer a dark, war-tainted picture of the post-Soviet era in Eastern Europe. He uses washed out colors to depict the disillusion of the failed Soviet utopia, with blurring effects and confusing situations.
- Monuments at FA Projects (London, 2008)
- Yesterday’s Heroes, Tomorrow’s Fools (Los Angeles, 2009)
- Foundries of Ideologies (Ana Cristea Gallery, New York, 2010)
- Gods and Mortals (Mihai Nicodim Gallery, Los Angeles, 2011)
- King Give Us Soldiers (Green Art Gallery, Dubai, 2013)
- Remastered (Brand New Gallery, Milan, 2013)
- The Shining Path (Green Art Gallery, Dubai, 2015)