From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 1987 Kansas City Royals season was a season in American baseball. It involved the Royals finishing 2nd in the American League West with a record of 83 wins and 79 losses.
- December 10, 1986: Scott Bankhead, Steve Shields, and Mike Kingery were traded by the Royals to the Seattle Mariners for Danny Tartabull and Rick Luecken.
- December 22, 1986: Alan Hargesheimer was released by the Royals.
- March 20, 1987: Derek Botelho was traded by the Cincinnati Reds to the Kansas City Royals for Eddie Tanner (minors) and Pete Carey (minors).
- March 27, 1987: David Cone and Chris Jelic were traded by the Royals to the New York Mets for Ed Hearn, Rick Anderson, and Mauro Gozzo.
- March 30, 1987: Jim Sundberg was traded by the Royals to the Chicago Cubs for Thad Bosley and Dave Gumpert.
- March 31, 1987: Larry Owen was signed as a free agent by the Royals.
Starters by position
Note: Pos = position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
- ^ Danny Tartabull page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Alan Hargesheimer page at Baseball Reference
- ^ http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/botelde01.shtml
- ^ David Cone page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Jim Sundberg page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Larry Owen page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Bret Barberie page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 2nd edition. Durham, N.C.: Baseball America, 1997