Fox Sports Kansas City
|Fox Sports Kansas City|
|Launched||March 31, 2008|
|Network||Fox Sports Networks|
|Owned by||Fox Entertainment Group
(21st Century Fox)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Broadcast area||Kansas City metropolitan area
Western and Central Missouri
Nationwide (via DirecTV; games only)
Kansas City, Missouri
|Replaced||Fox Sports Midwest (only in areas listed above)
Royals Sports Television Network (unconnected, now defunct)
|Sister channel(s)||Fox Sports Midwest
Fox Sports Indiana
|AT&T U-verse||750 (SD)
|Available on select cable systems||Check local listings|
|Google Fiber||209 (HD)|
Fox Sports Kansas City is an American regional sports network serving the Kansas City region and surrounding areas in parts of Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa that is operated as an affiliate of Fox Sports Networks. The channel is owned by Fox Cable Networks, a unit of the Fox Entertainment Group division of 21st Century Fox.
Originally operating as a subfeed of Fox Sports Midwest, it was spun off as a separate channel in 2008 as a result of a new long-term exclusive broadcast agreement with Major League Baseball's Kansas City Royals.  Fox Sports Kansas City was created to avoid conflicts with St. Louis Cardinals coverage, which remains on St. Louis-based Fox Sports Midwest. Fox Sports Kansas City also produces the Royals Live pre-game and post-game shows and Royals Insider. During the college football season, Fox Sports Kansas City airs Kansas Jayhawks and Kansas State Wildcats games at different times to ensure that there are no broadcast conflicts. Missouri Tigers football games are available only from an alternate feed of Fox Sports Kansas City.
Fox Sports Kansas City HD
The following notable personalities broadcast the Kansas City Royals games.
- Rex Hudler – play-by-play commentary.
- Steve Physioc – play-by-play commentary
- Ryan Lefebvre – play-by-play commentary
- Jeff Montgomery – play-by-play commentary
Other programming on the network includes:
- Big 12 Conference football from the University of Kansas and Kansas State University
- Kansas State Wildcats basketball, Football, volleyball and baseball.
- Kansas Jayhawks football, and baseball,
- Missouri Tigers basketball, volleyball, baseball, wrestling, and football (via Fox Sports Midwest).
- Big 12 Conference women's basketball, baseball and championships
- Missouri Valley Conference basketball and championships
- College coaches' shows
- Missouri State High School Activities Association football and basketball championships
- St. Louis Blues (NHL) (via Fox Sports Midwest)
- Oklahoma City Thunder (NBA) via Fox Sports Oklahoma
- FSN Announces Launch of FSN Kansas City Fox Sports via MSN, January 24, 2008
|This article about a television station in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television station in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|