1984 Kansas City Royals season
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1984 Kansas City Royals
1984 AL West Champions
|Major league affiliations|
(Denny Matthews, Denny Trease, Fred White)
(Phil Stone, Dwayne Mosley)
|Local radio||WIBW (AM)
(Denny Matthews, Fred White)
|Previous season Next season|
- October 17, 1983: Eric Rasmussen was released by the Royals.
- December 8, 1983: Mike Armstrong and Duane Dewey (minors) were traded by the Royals to the New York Yankees for Steve Balboni and Roger Erickson.
- December 8, 1983: Joe Beckwith was traded by the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Kansas City Royals for Joe Szekeley (minors), John Serritella (minors) and José Torres (minors).
- January 17, 1984: Steve Carter was Drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 2nd round of the 1984 amateur draft (January Secondary), but did not sign.
- March 31, 1984: Don Werner and Derek Botelho were traded by the Royals to the Chicago Cubs for Alan Hargesheimer.
Regular season 
- September 17, 1984: Reggie Jackson of the California Angels hit the 500th Home Run of his career against the Royals. It was the 17th anniversary of the day he hit his first home run. Jackson hit his 500th, at Anaheim Stadium off Bud Black of the Royals.
Season standings 
|Kansas City Royals||84||78||.519||--|
|Chicago White Sox||74||88||.457||10.0|
Notable transactions 
|1984 Kansas City Royals roster|
Player stats 
Starters by position 
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
Other batters 
Starting pitchers 
Other pitchers 
Relief pitchers 
Game 1 
October 2, Royals Stadium
|W: Jack Morris (1-0) L: Bud Black (0-1)|
|HRs: DET – Larry Herndon (1) Alan Trammell (1) Lance Parrish (1)|
Game 2 
October 3, Royals Stadium
|W: Aurelio López (1-0) L: Dan Quisenberry (0-1)|
|HRs: DET – Kirk Gibson (1)|
Game 3 
October 5, Tiger Stadium
|W: Milt Wilcox (1-0) L: Charlie Leibrandt (0-1) S:Willie Hernández (1)|
Farm system 
- Eric Rasmussen page at Baseball Reference
- Steve Balboni page at Baseball Reference
- http: Steve Carter was//www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/cartest01.shtml
- Alan Hargesheimer page at Baseball Reference
- Baseball Almanac - Box Score of 500th Home Run by Reggie Jackson
- Dane Iorg page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd; Wolff, Miles, eds. (1997). The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball (2nd ed.). Durham, North Carolina: Baseball America. ISBN 978-0-9637189-8-3.
- 1984 Kansas City Royals team page at Baseball Reference
- 1984 Kansas City Royals team page at www.baseball-almanac.com
Chicago White Sox
|AL West Championship Season
Kansas City Royals
|This article relating to a baseball season is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|