1990 Baltimore Orioles season
|1990 Baltimore Orioles|
|Major League affiliations|
(Jim Palmer, Brooks Robinson)
Home Team Sports
(Rex Barney, Mel Proctor, John Lowenstein)
|Local radio||WBAL (AM)
(Jon Miller, Joe Angel, Charlie Slowes)
|Previous season Next season|
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 Farm system
- 5 References
- 6 External links
- October 3, 1989: Mark Huismann was released by the Orioles.
- November 2, 1989: Jamie Quirk was released by the Orioles.
- December 5, 1989: Keith Hughes and Cesar Mejia (minors) were traded by the Orioles to the New York Mets for John Mitchell and Joaquin Contreras (minors).
- February 20, 1990: Sam Horn was signed as a free agent by the Orioles.
- February 22, 1990: Danny Boone was signed as a free agent by the Orioles.
On May 25, 1990, the Orioles announced that the team would move their spring training home games from Miami Stadium where they had played since 1959 to Bradenton and Sarasota in 1991. When Cleveland announced that they would leave Hi Corbett Field for Florida, Tucson tried to attract the Orioles to move to Arizona.
|Boston Red Sox||88||74||.543||--|
|Toronto Blue Jays||86||76||.531||2|
|New York Yankees||67||95||.414||21|
Opening Day starters
- Phil Bradley
- Steve Finley
- Sam Horn
- Dave Johnson
- Randy Milligan
- Joe Orsulak
- Billy Ripken
- Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Mickey Tettleton
- Craig Worthington
- June 4, 1990: 1990 Major League Baseball Draft
- June 5, 1990: Jay Tibbs was traded by the Orioles to the Pittsburgh Pirates for a player to be named later. The Pirates completed the deal by sending Dorn Taylor to the Orioles on September 5.
- July 30, 1990: Phil Bradley was traded by the Orioles to the Chicago White Sox for Ron Kittle.
|1990 Baltimore Orioles|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
|SS||Cal Ripken, Jr.||161||600||150||.250||21||84|
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: Rochester, Frederick
- Mark Huismann page at Baseball Reference
- Jamie Quirk page at Baseball Reference
- John Mitchell page at Baseball Reference
- Sam Horn page at Baseball Reference
- Danny Boone page at Baseball Reference
- Associated Press (May 27, 1990). "BASEBALL; Orioles to Switch Spring Training Sites". New York Times. Retrieved June 9, 2009.
- "Tucson Trying to Attract Orioles". Los Angeles Times. December 13, 1990. Retrieved June 9, 2009.
- 1990 Baltimore Orioles Roster by Baseball Almanac
- Baseball Draft: 1st Round of the 1990 June Draft - Baseball-Reference.com
- Scott McClain page at Baseball Reference
- Dorn Taylor page at Baseball Reference
- Phil Bradley page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 3rd edition. Durham, N.C.: Baseball America, 2007
- 1990 Baltimore Orioles team page at Baseball Reference
- 1990 Baltimore Orioles season at baseball-almanac.com