2000 Detroit Tigers season
|2000 Detroit Tigers
|Major league affiliations|
(Frank Beckmann, Al Kaline)
(Josh Lewin, Kirk Gibson, Tom Paciorek)
(Ernie Harwell, Jim Price, Dan Dickerson)
|Previous season Next season|
- November 2, 1999: Juan Gonzalez was traded by the Texas Rangers with Danny Patterson and Gregg Zaun to the Detroit Tigers for Frank Catalanotto, Francisco Cordero, Bill Haselman, Gabe Kapler, Justin Thompson, and Alan Webb (minors).
- November 15, 1999: Luis Polonia was signed as a Free Agent with the Detroit Tigers.
- November 29, 1999: Mike Oquist was signed as a Free Agent with the Detroit Tigers.
- March 7, 2000: Gregg Zaun was sent to the Kansas City Royals by the Detroit Tigers as part of a conditional deal.
- March 13, 2000: Mike Oquist was released by the Detroit Tigers.
- March 26, 2000: Mike Oquist was signed as a Free Agent with the Detroit Tigers.
Regular season 
- On October 1, 2000, Dusty Allen hit a home run in the last at-bat of his career.
Comerica Park 
Groundbreaking for a new ballpark to replace Tiger Stadium for the Detroit Tigers was held on October 29, 1997 and the new stadium was opened to the public in 2000. At the time of construction, the scoreboard in left field was the largest in Major League Baseball. In December 1998, Comerica Bank agreed to pay $66 million over 30 years for the naming rights for the new ballpark. Upon its opening, there was some effort to try to find a nickname for the park, with the abbreviation CoPa suggested by many , but that nickname has not gained widespread acceptance.
First Game 
The first game at Comerica Park was held on Tuesday, April 11, 2000 with 39,168 spectators attending, on a cold snowy afternoon. Grounds people had to clear snow off the field from the night before. The Tigers defeated the Seattle Mariners by a score of 5-2. The winning pitcher, like in the final game at Tiger Stadium was Brian Moehler.
Season standings 
|Chicago White Sox||95||67||.586||--|
|Kansas City Royals||77||85||.475||18|
Notable transactions 
- May 10, 2000: Rich Becker was signed as a Free Agent with the Detroit Tigers.
- July 31, 2000: Luis Polonia was released by the Detroit Tigers.
|2000 Detroit Tigers|
Player stats 
Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
Starting pitchers 
Relief pitchers 
Farm system 
- Juan Gonzalez Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- Luis Polonia Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- Gregg Zaun Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- Home Run in Last At Bat by Baseball Almanac
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 3rd edition. Durham, N.C.: Baseball America, 2007