2011 Polaris Music Prize
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the 2011 award, the prize was increased to $30,000 for the winning musician.
The prize's 10-album shortlist was announced on July 6.
The prize's preliminary 40-album longlist was announced on June 16.
- Arcade Fire, The Suburbs
- Austra, Feel It Break
- Black Mountain, Wilderness Heart
- Braids, Native Speaker
- Buck 65, 20 Odd Years
- Louise Burns, Mellow Drama
- D-Sisive, Jonestown 2: Jimmy Go Bye Bye
- The Dears, Degeneration Street
- Destroyer, Kaputt
- Diamond Rings, Special Affections
- Dirty Beaches, Badlands
- Luke Doucet and the White Falcon, Steel City Trawler
- Eternia & MoSS, At Last
- Galaxie, Tigre et diésel
- Jenn Grant, Honeymoon Punch
- Tim Hecker, Ravedeath, 1972
- Hey Rosetta!, Seeds
- Hooded Fang, Album
- Imaginary Cities, Temporary Resident
- Land of Talk, Cloak and Cipher
- Little Scream, The Golden Record
- The Luyas, Too Beautiful to Work
- Malajube, La caverne
- Miracle Fortress, Was I the Wave?
- One Hundred Dollars, Songs of Man
- Doug Paisley, Constant Companion
- PS I Love You, Meet Me at the Muster Station
- Daniel Romano, Sleep Beneath the Willow
- The Rural Alberta Advantage, Departing
- Ron Sexsmith, Long Player Late Bloomer
- Shotgun Jimmie, Transistor Sister
- Sloan, The Double Cross
- Frederick Squire, March 12
- Stars, The Five Ghosts
- Colin Stetson, New History Warfare Vol. 2: Judges
- Timber Timbre, Creep On Creepin' On
- The Weeknd, House of Balloons
- Women, Public Strain
- Neil Young, Le Noise
- Young Galaxy, Shapeshifting
- "2011 Polaris Music Prize Long List announced". aux.tv, June 16, 2011.
- "Arcade Fire, Ron Sexsmith shortlisted for Polaris Prize". CBC News, July 6, 2011.
|This award-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|