From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||7th century BC – 6th century BC – 5th century BC|
|Decades:||560s BC 550s BC 540s BC – 530s BC – 520s BC 510s BC 500s BC|
|Years:||533 BC 532 BC 531 BC – 530 BC – 529 BC 528 BC 527 BC|
|530 BC by topic|
|Gregorian calendar||530 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||224|
|Ancient Egypt era||XXVI dynasty, 135|
|- Pharaoh||Amasis II, 41|
|Ancient Greek era||62nd Olympiad, year 3|
|Chinese calendar||庚午年 (Metal Horse)
2167 or 2107
— to —
辛未年 (Metal Goat)
2168 or 2108
|Coptic calendar||−813 – −812|
|Ethiopian calendar||−537 – −536|
|- Vikram Samvat||−473 – −472|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||2572–2573|
|Iranian calendar||1151 BP – 1150 BP|
|Islamic calendar||1186 BH – 1185 BH|
|Minguo calendar||2441 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||13–14|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 530 BC.|
- Royal Arch Masons use this year for dating their documents Anno Inventionis, after the beginning of the Second Temple by Zerubbabel.
Art and architecture
- The Temple of Apollo at Delphi is built (approximate date).
- Peplos Kore, from the Acropolis in Athens, is made. It is now at Acropolis Museum, Athens (approximate date).
- Kroisos Kouros, from a cemetery at Anavysos near Athens, is made. It is now at the National Archaeological Museum, Athens (approximate date).
- The Siphnian Treasury in Delphi is begun (approximate date).
- Battle between the Gods and the Giants, fragments of the north frieze of the Siphnian Treasury, from the Sanctuary of Apollo, Delphi, is begun (approximate date). It is now at the Delphi Archaeological Museum.
- Aristides, Athenian statesman (d. 468 BC)
- Onomacritus, Greek compiler of oracles (approximate date) (d. 480 BC)
- Pheidippides, Greek runner (approximate date) (d. c. 490 BC)
- December — Cyrus the Great, ruler of Persia (b. 576 or 600 BC)
- Battus III of Cyrene, Greek king of Cyrenaica
- Spargapises, Massagetae general
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|