Andrew Jordan Cole (born January 5, 1992) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Washington Nationals of Major League Baseball. He is a top 100 prospect by MLB.com
Cole was selected by the Washington Nationals in the fourth round of the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft. He received a $2 million signing bonus, a record bonus for a fourth round pick.
On December 23, 2011, Cole was traded with Derek Norris, Tommy Milone and Brad Peacock to the Oakland Athletics for Gio Gonzalez and Robert Gilliam.
On January 16, 2013, Cole was traded back to Washington along with Blake Treinen and a player to be named later (Ian Krol) in a three-team trade that sent Michael Morse to the Seattle Mariners and John Jaso to Oakland. Cole was named to appear in the 2013 All-Star Futures Game. He was promoted to the Harrisburg Senators of the Class AA Eastern League during the season.
- ^ Potomac Nationals. "Potomac Nationals Right-Handed Pitcher A.J. Cole Selected to 2013 Sirius/XM All-Star Futures Game | Potomac Nationals News". Milb.com. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- ^ "Nationals land left-hander Gio Gonzalez, send four prospects to Athletics | nationals.com: News". Washington.nationals.mlb.com. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- ^ Kilgore, Adam (January 16, 2013). "Nationals trade Michael Morse for A.J. Cole in three-team deal". Washingtonpost.com. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- ^ Wagner, James (July 9, 2013). "A.J. Cole named to the Futures Game". Washingtonpost.com. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- ^ Raymond, Jonathan (January 2, 2013). "Cole finding his way in Double-A | MiLB.com News | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Milb.com. Retrieved December 2, 2013.