|Produced by||Mohan Natarajan|
|Music by||Srikanth Deva|
|Editing by||V. T. Vijayan|
|Studio||Sri Rajakaliamman Films|
|Running time||162 minutes|
Aalwar (Tamil: ஆழ்வார்) is a 2007 Tamil film directed by Chella and produced by Mohan Natarajan. The film featured Ajith Kumar and Asin in the lead roles with Lal and Aditya Srivastava appearing in other pivotal roles. The film's score and soundtrack is by Srikanth Deva while the cinematography was by Ramesh Gee. The film released on 12 January 2007 to negative reviews.
Aalwar is a traditional priest. He is devoted to his mother and sister. But the villainous elements Lal, Vincent Asokan, kill the sister and mother. Aalwar, with revenge ringing in his mind, ends up as Shiva the killer, even while working as a ward boy in a hospital. Shiva is out to make a statement against the venal forces. He sees himself as some kind of avatar — in fact, he bumps off the baddies under the get-up's of Lord Rama and Lord Krishna. In climax, Shiva turns up as Lord Narasimha and bumps off the last villain by placing him on his thighs and ripping apart his bowels and chest with his sharp claws.
- Ajith Kumar as Aalwar (Shiva)
- Asin as Priya
- Vivek as Pons
- Aditya Srivastava
- Keerthi Chawla as Madhu
- Vincent Asokan
Following the success of Paramasivan and Thirupathi, Ajith teamed up with a debutant Chella for a film to be produced by Mohan Natarajan. Chella had previously worked as an associate to S. J. Suryah, who Ajith had worked with in the 1999 film, Vaali. The film held its photo session on July 20, 2006 with Asin, Ajith's pair in Varalaru, being selected once again while Ramesh G of Naalai was chosen as cinematographer. The film began at the Ramoji Rao Studios in Hyderabad in August 2006. A couple of songs were filmed in Switzerland as the film geared up for a Pongal release. Shalini, Ajith's wife, was the costume designer for him in the film.
The producers later dubbed and released the film in Telugu as Avatharudu and Hindi as Mera Farz. A Kannada remake was planned by Rajkumar Alwar runs successively 25 days in most of the theaters in Tamil Nadu.
|Soundtrack album by Srikanth Deva|
15 December 2006 (India)
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Srikanth Deva chronology|
"Solli Tharava" - Sadhana Sargam, Muhamad Salamad
"Pidikkum" - Madhushree
"Anbulla Kadhali" - Kunal, Kushbu
"Pallaandu" - Unnikrishnan, Senthildas
"Mayile Mayile" - Srikanth Deva, Senthildas, Roshini, Suruthipriya, Arjun Thamas, Sujavitha
- "Ajith gets ready - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Tamil movies : Ajith’s Aalvar - Photo session over and the film to kick off on August 1". Behindwoods.com. 2006-07-20. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Ajith back in the groove - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Foreign locations beckon directors - Bollywood Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Pokiri and Aalwar audios doing brisk business - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Tamil movies : ajithkumar ajith altimate star shalini mrs ajithkumar aalwar costume designer vijayakanth premalatha rajinikanth latharajinikanth". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Movie Review:Aalwar". Sify.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Aalwar Review - Tamil Movie Review by PVS". Nowrunning.com. 2007-01-15. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Alwar is run of the mill". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Aalwar to speak in Kannada - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2012-02-09.