"Ain't I" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Yung L.A., released as his debut single on November 25, 2008 via Grand Hustle and Interscope Records. The song was intended to be the lead single from his then-debut album Futuristic Leland, which was later shelved. The song, produced by B Franks, features guest appearances from his then-mentor Young Dro and Grand Hustle label-boss T.I., after the two remixed the song to release it commercially. Upon its release, the song reached number 47 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, on March 28, 2009. The single is a remix of the original version, which features Grand Hustle label-mate Big Kuntry King. "Ain't I" was later certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in April 2009 and was nominated for "Best Collaboration" at the BET Awards.
- Digital download
- "Ain't I" (Explicit) - 4:12 (feat. Young Dro and T.I.)
The Kai Crawford-directed music video was released on BET's 106 & Park on December 9, 2008. The video features cameo appearances from DJ Drama and Lil Duval. It managed to peak at #2 on 106 & Park and ranked at #87 on BET's Notarized: Top 100 Videos of 2009 countdown.
- ^ "Ain't I" Chart historyBillboard. Accessed February 22, 2009.
- ^ "RIAA - Gold & Platinum". RIAA. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- ^ "Ain't I" peak on US BillboardBillboard. Accessed April 3, 2009.
- ^ Yung L.A. Biographyallmusic. Accessed April 13, 2009.
- ^ "Yung L.A. Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Yung L.A.. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- ^ "Yung L.A. Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Yung L.A.. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- ^ "Yung L.A. Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Rap Songs for Yung L.A.. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- ^ "American single certifications – Yung L.A. feat. T.I. and Young Dro – Ain't I". Recording Industry Association of America. May 20, 2009. Retrieved May 24, 2013. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH