Epoch J2000.0 Equinox J2000.0
|Right ascension||02h 02m 02.81972s|
|Declination||+02° 45′ 49.5410″|
|Apparent magnitude (V)||3.82 (+4.33 + 5.23)|
|Distance||139 ± 1.6 ly
(46.2 ± 0.5 pc)
|Spectral type||A0pSiSr + A3m|
The distance to α Psc is about 139 light years. The system comprises a close double star with angular separation of presently 1.8" between the components. The main star is of magnitude +4.33 and spectral type A0p, while the companion is magnitude 5.23 and belongs to spectral class A3m. The two stars take more than 700 years to orbit one another and they will make their closest approach to each other around 2060. One or both of the stars may be a spectroscopic binary as well. The stars have masses of 2.3 and 1.8 solar masses respectively and shine with a total luminosity of 31 and 12 times that of the Sun.
Name and etymology
- The name Alrescha is from the Arabic الرشآء al-rišā’ "the well rope". Less common names are Kaitain and Okda, the latter from the Arabic عقدة ‘uqdah "knot".
- In Chinese, 外屏 (Wài Píng), meaning Outer Fence, refers to an asterism consisting of α Piscium, δ Piscium, ε Piscium, ζ Piscium, μ Piscium, ν Piscium and ξ Piscium. Consequently, α Piscium itself is known as 外屏七 (Wài Píng qī, English: the Seventh Star of Outer Fence.)
- van Leeuwen, F. (November 2007). "Validation of the new Hipparcos reduction". Astronomy and Astrophysics 474 (2): 653–664. arXiv:0708.1752. Bibcode:2007A&A...474..653V. doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20078357.
- alf Psc -- Variable Star of alpha2 CVn type, SIMBAD Astronomical Object Database (Centre de Données astronomiques de Strasbourg).
- Cowley, A. et al. (April 1969), A study of the bright A stars. I. A catalogue of spectral classifications, Astronomical Journal 74: 375–406, Bibcode:1969AJ.....74..375C, doi:10.1086/110819.
- Kaler, James B., ALRESCHA (Alpha Piscium), Stars (University of Illinois), retrieved 2012-04-06.
- Allen, Richard Hinckley (1899), Star-names and their meanings, G. E. Stechert, p. 506.
- (Chinese) AEEA (Activities of Exhibition and Education in Astronomy) 天文教育資訊網 2006 年 5 月 19 日